- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- How to cool a greenhouse in the hot climate of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and central Asia?
- "Mexico is a world leader in protected agriculture"
- Internet-based precision irrigation system shows promise for fresh-market tomato
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Toronto shoppers enjoy cucumber organ music
Photo: BartenderAtlas (Twitter)
The Hendrick's CORGAN is the first of its kind, built completely from scratch using technology created specifically for this occasion. Hendrick's uses two very different types of stills in the production of their small-batch gin - an antique Bennet from 1860 and a rare Carter-Head still. Both hail from the opulent Victorian era, which is where they drew their inspiration for the design of this extraordinary apparatus. The actual organ keys are made of real, whole cucumbers - 49 to be exact - which harness the energy of touch to translate electric currents from the organist's fingertips though each individual cucumber, and the result is a glorious composition of notes arranged into some of the worlds most beloved and unusual melodies.
The CORGAN in action (video: wonderMakr)
"We promise not to be offended by long stares or funny looks, and if you want to call it bizarre we will accept the accolade with pride," says Alvin Ramchurn, Canadian Hendrick's Gin Brand Ambassador. "It would be silly not to expect an unusual reaction to such a peculiar contraption, because after all, that is what Hendrick's Gin is all about!"
Set to unfold in the epicentre of the Toronto Eaton Centre, one of city's most popular tourist destinations, the Hendrick's CORGAN delivers a never-before seen botanically-inspired, odditory experience, featuring some of Toronto's most highly decorated organists performing an array of fanciful holiday tunes.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-24 Water-resistant paper brings plastic alternative
- 2022-05-24 Dirty LED fittings clean in no time with special cleaning cloth
- 2022-05-23 Robotic beehives might be the answer to declining bee populations
- 2022-05-20 Moisture control technology launches to extend shelf life of produce
- 2022-05-20 Mondipal introduces a new soft fruit crate
- 2022-05-19 Hebei Lantan: Our planters are good in drainage
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?