- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- 12 horticultural robots to keep an eye out for
- O’Hanlon Fresh Herbs improves crop production with innovative rolling gutter system
- Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses
- "With the right tools, the grower can control more and larger greenhouses simultaneously"
- HS Evolution Pot increases strawberry cultivation in customised substrate
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Wageningen and TNO start consortium on Personalised Nutrition and Health
Scientists from a wide variety of disciplines are working together in the international consortium: From life scientists and behavioural scientists to data analysts and sensor technology specialists. Partners include Philips, Google Food, health insurance company Menzis, Dutch retail giants Albert Heijn and Jumbo, dairy producer FrieslandCampina, data provider PS in foodservice, ICT companies Noldus Information Technology and SmartWithFood, and eHealth companies VitalinQ Lifestyle Support, Sense Health , NIPED and Vital 10. The aim of the consortium is to convert the technology and knowledge into effective, personalised and scientifically supported products and services. Those products and services, in turn, will help people make healthier choices in what they buy, how they prepare food, and what they consume, but will also match their personality and social environment.
With the insights gathered from research, participating partners can, for example, develop tailor-made shopping lists, or apps with which users can closely monitor their health or can be advised and motivated to adapt their behaviour. The tremendous amount of information that users provide in these ‘do-it-yourself’ health monitors can also be used to promote the health effects of certain products, or for further research into nutrition, health and behaviour. Partners along the entire value chain – from farmers and food manufacturers to caterers and retailers – can add value for their consumers and contribute to a healthier society.
Within the consortium protecting the privacy of consumers, consumer trust of the (nutritional) advice and making free choices by consumers are important subjects of the research programme.
Top Sector Agri & Food
The Personalised Nutrition and Health consortium is a long-term, public/private partnership within the Agri & Food Top Sector. The consortium is being matched with other, more fundamental projects within this sector, which are being funded by organisations such as the Top Institute Food and Nutrition (TiFN) and the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). The consortium’s research consists of sub-projects that last around two to three years. Partners – including both multinationals and small- and medium-sized enterprises – can participate in either a part of the program, or in the entire program.
The consortium is open to new partners.
Source: Wageningen University & Research
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-24 Water-resistant paper brings plastic alternative
- 2022-05-24 Dirty LED fittings clean in no time with special cleaning cloth
- 2022-05-23 Robotic beehives might be the answer to declining bee populations
- 2022-05-20 Moisture control technology launches to extend shelf life of produce
- 2022-05-20 Mondipal introduces a new soft fruit crate
- 2022-05-19 Hebei Lantan: Our planters are good in drainage
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?