- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
KazAgro launches greenhouse complex in Almaty
The acreage of the greenhouse will be twelve hectares, and is located in the Alatau district. The facility will produce 3200 tons of tomatoes and 4000 tons of cucumbers annually, and was constructed using technology by Dutch company Dalsem. It is expected to employ about 150 people.
At present, in order to support local farmers and ensure supply of vegetable products in the off-season, national holding KazAgro agreed to finance 41 projects for the construction of industrial-type greenhouses on an area of 147 hectares. Their total cost is 46.5 billion tenge (136 million USD), with a total production capacity of 63 thousand tons of fruit and vegetables per year.
According to the Ministry of Agriculture of Kazakhstan, the volume of production of early vegetables in the republic amounted to 147,700 tons in 2015, supplying 83% of the domestic demand.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 From private banker to strawberry grower
- 2023-01-24 Support for vegetable growers has been expanded in the Krasnoyarsk territory
- 2023-01-23 Turkey: 550 tons tomatoes produced in the geothermal greenhouse
- 2023-01-20 Greenhouse tomato production area in Kahramanmaras, Türkiye reaches 100 hectares
- 2023-01-19 CAN (ON): How Lakeshore residents can have their say on draft greenhouse rules
- 2023-01-17 India: Greenhouse start-up receives award and is eager to expand
- 2023-01-16 Carbon dioxide plant troubles might lead to higher price of tomatoes and other produce
- 2023-01-16 NFU calls for energy support review for UK businesses
- 2023-01-13 Indonesia: Smart Green House expected to boost production, draw millennials
- 2023-01-13 French fruit grower installs photovoltaic greenhouse
- 2023-01-12 Irish tomato growers hope for less challenges in the year ahead
- 2023-01-11 Greenhouse vegetable harvest in Russia reaches record 1.5 million tons in 2022
- 2023-01-11 “We will be the only grower of organic greenhouse strawberries in North America”
- 2023-01-11 India: Governor Sinha inaugurates Mega Fruit Plant Nursery
- 2023-01-10 Sculptural greenhouse opens up into a crown
- 2023-01-09 Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 2022-12-23 An update on greenhouse expansion in the US
- 2022-12-20 CAN: Installation of greenhouse sparks debate
- 2022-12-20 Harvest arrives in Bahrain after World Cup
- 2022-12-15 US (CO): Pagosa Senior Center joins with Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership to enhance nutrition services