- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
CambridgeHOK construct phase 2 for MF Nurseries:
Irish tomato grower expands greenhouse business
Pictured left to right: William Flynn, Noel O’Leary (CambridgeHOK) and Martin Flynn.
Packing & growing areas
The packing area will feature a 16mtr span between support posts providing an open plan easy working area which will be clad with colour enhanced insulated panelling and feature aluminium side windows. The electrically operated Rapid rollup doors will provide fast, easy access between all working areas.
The latest specification Venlo glasshouse will ensure all natural light available will be evenly distributed throughout the entire growing area. Consisting of 8mtr spans, 5 mtr sections and a 5.8mtr gutter height will guarantee simplified and more efficient high wire crop production. The ER glazing system comprises a factory fitted full length EPDM seal and rubber capping strip resulting in a much lower heat loss through the roof. It also reduces glass breakage considerably as the glass does not come into direct contact with the roof glazing bar.
Screens & air circulation fans
The growing area will benefit from the installation of a horizontal translucent energy saving cloth screen system. The unique slipping clutch screen system can function as either a thermal energy screen and/or a high light shading system, as is seasonally required. The screen cloth is PhormiTex Super produced by Bonar. This is a fire-retardant cloth that helps regulate moisture and humidity and diffuses incoming light in all directions. When a salad crop screen system is installed, uniform air distribution throughout the glasshouse is essential, for this purpose air circulation fans will be installed to ensure uniformity throughout the glasshouse and crop.
Irrigation and growing gutters
For the new growing area, CHOK will extend the present closed irrigation system with new valve groups, clean and drain water storage tanks. The (Sunblock) pressure compensated drip irrigation system will be installed along with the latest specification galvanised steel suspended Growing Gutter system, providing the ultimate closed irrigation system. All materials and associated components making up the irrigation system will be coloured white to further enhance light distribution throughout the crop.
Heating & CO2
The hot water heating system and CO2 will be served from an existing 1750kW boiler plant coupled to a 245,000 litre thermal store. The growing area heating will consist of both rail pipe and grow pipe systems. The rail pipe heating system additionally enables electrically operated picking trolleys to travel effortlessly along rows, whilst the grow pipe is located within the crop to further enhance heat distribution within the crop.
The extracted CO2 gases are to be distributed via a lay-flat tube system, which is located between crop rows to enhance circulation.
Controls & electrics
The existing Priva environmental control system will be extended to facilitate all monitoring and control parameters for both glasshouse climate and irrigation requirements. While Priva Office takes care of the overall software system management and strategy, all climate requirements are dealt with via the Priva Connect system. In the irrigation room the Priva Vialux U V disinfection unit and Nutriflex pumping unit manage and control the closed watering system. Control has been further improved with the addition of a Drain Sensor System (DSS). The root optimisation software module monitors water absorption to enable optimised water dosage and distribution.
Electrical requirements such as motors, pumps, lighting and small power items for the growing and packing areas will be carried out in accordance with BS7671 / IEC 364, 17th Edition IEE wiring regulations to the highest standard.
This latest CHOK project is due for completion December 2016.
For more information:
236 Main Road
HU15 2 RH
Tel: +44 (0) 1430 449440
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 From private banker to strawberry grower
- 2023-01-24 Support for vegetable growers has been expanded in the Krasnoyarsk territory
- 2023-01-23 Turkey: 550 tons tomatoes produced in the geothermal greenhouse
- 2023-01-20 Greenhouse tomato production area in Kahramanmaras, Türkiye reaches 100 hectares
- 2023-01-19 CAN (ON): How Lakeshore residents can have their say on draft greenhouse rules
- 2023-01-17 India: Greenhouse start-up receives award and is eager to expand
- 2023-01-16 Carbon dioxide plant troubles might lead to higher price of tomatoes and other produce
- 2023-01-16 NFU calls for energy support review for UK businesses
- 2023-01-13 Indonesia: Smart Green House expected to boost production, draw millennials
- 2023-01-13 French fruit grower installs photovoltaic greenhouse
- 2023-01-12 Irish tomato growers hope for less challenges in the year ahead
- 2023-01-11 Greenhouse vegetable harvest in Russia reaches record 1.5 million tons in 2022
- 2023-01-11 “We will be the only grower of organic greenhouse strawberries in North America”
- 2023-01-11 India: Governor Sinha inaugurates Mega Fruit Plant Nursery
- 2023-01-10 Sculptural greenhouse opens up into a crown
- 2023-01-09 Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 2022-12-23 An update on greenhouse expansion in the US
- 2022-12-20 CAN: Installation of greenhouse sparks debate
- 2022-12-20 Harvest arrives in Bahrain after World Cup
- 2022-12-15 US (CO): Pagosa Senior Center joins with Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership to enhance nutrition services