- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- How to cool a greenhouse in the hot climate of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and central Asia?
- "Mexico is a world leader in protected agriculture"
- Internet-based precision irrigation system shows promise for fresh-market tomato
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Pakistan and Italy to partner on advanced horticultural development
A group consisting of Pakistani businessmen active in the field of greenhouse production, agriculture and technology supplies attended the International Agriculture and Gardening Machinery Exhibition which was held in Bologna from November 9 - 13.
Among them was Naeem Ullah of Qazi Agri Farms, a Pakistani entrepreneur who was one of the first to introduce advanced tunnel farming to his country. Qazi learned the tricks of the trade during special training courses in The Netherlands and was backed with funding provided by the USAID, the United States Agency for International Development, to sprout the development of protected cropping in his country.
Click here to learn more on Qazi's greenhouse venture.
The Pakistan delegation was initiated by the Italian Trade Association of Pakistan, which provided the opportunity for the Pakistani growers and importers to visit the exhibition and set up trade relations.
Qazi explained that visit to the EIMA will contribute to development of the agricultural community in Pakistan. It will help them to adapt modern machinery and equipment according to European standards. The Pakistani greenhouse growers spoke of several successful and progressive B2B meetings and discussed several new business ventures.
The Eima is held biannually and showcases roughly 1,900 exhibitors and more than 50,000 demonstration models. The previous edition of the event welcomed a total of 235,614 visitors. For more information, please visit www.eima.it
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-25 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-23 "A horticulturist will always have a good foundation for a position with a breeder"
- 2022-05-20 Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- 2022-05-19 An entrepreneur from the Berdyuzhsky district opened a greenhouse for growing vegetables, seedlings, and herbs
- 2022-05-18 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%
- 2022-04-20 Germany: "We will not be able to avoid gas as an energy source in the medium term"
- 2022-04-20 Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
- 2022-04-19 In memoriam: Rick Donnan
- 2022-04-15 "We sell most of our Israeli salicornia to Italy"
- 2022-04-14 “Despite the increase in energy costs, we are still following our initial production schedule”
- 2022-04-13 Shanghai pandemic lockdown, residents try hydroponics at home