A.M.A. sponsors BVB Substrates’ Eric Boot, and his presentation on Strawberry Substrates for Greenhouse & Tunnel Grown Strawberries for containerized strawberry production. There will be several other speakers as well, covering a variety of strawberry production topics. Eric is speaking at 3:15 pm on Tuesday, December 6th: http://www.nasga.org/pdf/-2016/2016BerryConferenceBrochure.pdf
Here’s a bit of Eric's background:
- Horticultural consultancy in the worldwide soft fruit business including consultancy with BVB Substrates
- Introducing new growing systems all over the world. Guiding and consulting horticultural companies to set up or restructure the soft fruit growing systems.
- Currently active in major projects in Germany, South Korea, China, Ethiopia, Morocco and more. Advising on growing systems, growing structures, irrigation/fertigation systems, mechanisation, variety choices, growing strategies, plant propagation, fertilizer calculations and so on.
- Training growers associations or growers and staff by measure made programs or one-to-one contact.
- Over the last 30 years, He has specialized in soft fruit production in many different climate zones in the world. His international experience, initially as a grower in Switzerland and South-Africa and later as consultant in Europe and the Far and Middle East, enable him to design the best production strategies for every situation.
- Because of his experience as a grower, he is always looking for practical solutions, taking in account the possibilities and limitations of local circumstances.
A.M.A. is working very closely with BVB Substrates and Bato Plastics, both key suppliers to the strawberry industry in Europe.
For more information:
A.M.A. Plastics Ltd.