- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- How to cool a greenhouse in the hot climate of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and central Asia?
- "Mexico is a world leader in protected agriculture"
- Internet-based precision irrigation system shows promise for fresh-market tomato
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Annual Holland Day in Almeria:
"Spain and Holland should collaborate more to serve UK markets"
The theme of the day was ‘Acting in tandem on the market’. Subjects covered were competitive challenges such as sustainability, increasing consumption and the common future agricultural policy. "We want to explore possible collaborations between the Netherlands and Spain, albeit permanently or temporarily. We are competitive in some countries, such as the German market, but on the British market we should collaborate more ,” declared the organisation.
Beside lectures given by representatives of the industry, there were also speeches by Matthijs van Bonzel, the Dutch ambassador and Aldrik Gierveld, deputy director of Agro en Natuur (Ministry of Economic Affairs) and his immediate Spanish colleague.
For account of the Dutch sector Richard Schouten, director of GroentenFruit Huis, gave an explanation on the activities and set-up of GroentenFruit Huis. He also discussed cutting edge topics and dossiers that are important to the Netherlands and Spain.
Next to the Hollanddag, the Dutch delegation visited several companies, among which a high tech production and associated packaging plant for fresh cut lettuce. They also visited several high tech organic growers of tomatoes and peppers. Also the cooperation Bio Sabor was visited where in a modern facility tomatoes and cucumbers were sorted and packed for the North-European market.
Spaniards and the Dutch
The Hollanddag is organized annually by the Agricultural Council of the Dutch embassy in Madrid. Originally the day was for Dutch growers in the region, to support them and hear their stories. Over the years more and more Spanish growers have taken part in the day and finally the program was adapted.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-26 FPC launches UK Grower Of The Year Award
- 2022-05-26 Leadership coach set the tone for Women's Fresh Perspectives Conference
- 2022-05-26 Thailand: Horti Asia answers growing demand for knowledge and technique
- 2022-05-25 Commencing today: Agritechnica Asia & Horti Asia
- 2022-05-25 Market, prices, and energy crisis - Global Tomato Congress is back
- 2022-05-25 24 Italian companies to exhibit at Agricultural Fair in Novi Sad
- 2022-05-24 "With the right tools, the grower can control more and larger greenhouses simultaneously"
- 2022-05-23 GrowON 2022 webinar series: alternative ways of heating greenhouses
- 2022-05-23 "Azerbaijan has great potential for vegetable exports"
- 2022-05-23 Shouguang Vegetable Expo: planting vegetables in "Space"
- 2022-05-20 Webinar: India’s vegetables can be wealth generators
- 2022-05-19 Horticulture exhibition fair took place in west Ukraine
- 2022-05-17 Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- 2022-05-13 Protected Cropping Australia Conference a success despite heavy rains
- 2022-05-13 US: Horticulture lighting and learning event
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-12 Hort Science Live to return in July
- 2022-05-12 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 The fruit and vegetable sector restarts with in-person meetings