- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
USDA appoints members to National Organic Standards Board
The new members will fill positions that are specifically designated to represent various sectors of the organic community. The appointees are: Dr. Asa Bradman, Berkeley, Calif., as an environmental protection and resource conservation expert; Steve Ela, Hotchkiss, Colo., as an organic producer representative; Sue Baird, Bunceton, Mo., as a public interest or consumer interest group representative; Dr. David Mortensen, State College, Pa., as a toxicology, ecology, or biochemistry expert; and Joelle Mosso, Fresno, Calif., as an organic handler representative.
NOSB members include four organic farmers; two handlers; three experts in environmental protection and resource conservation; three representatives of public interest or consumer groups; an expert in toxicology, ecology, or biochemistry; an organic retailer; and an organic certifying agent representative.
The NOSB was established under the Organic Foods Production Act of 1990 and operates in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act to assist in developing standards for substances used in organic production and to advise the Secretary on aspects of the National Organic Program.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-23 Texas A&M AgriLife research to improve organic spinach production
- 2022-08-09 Cost Share Organic Certification Fee application period still open
- 2022-07-07 Revamped baby leaf containers to debut at Organic Produce Summit
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market