- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Canada governments invest in food and health research
A new $1 million nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) imager has been installed at CCARM. It is used to detect different chemical compounds in food, making it possible to isolate which are responsible for providing health benefits. Another $340,000 will create a new position for a health economist researcher at the University of Winnipeg in partnership with CCARM.
CCARM is a unique unit within the St. Boniface Hospital Research Centre, which leads scientific and clinical studies about the connections between food and health. Over the next two years, the research project will focus on "nutrition economics," evaluating the links between food-based natural health products, the health care system and the agri-food sector. For example, existing research may show certain foods can help prevent certain diseases or improve an individual's overall health. Nutrition economics research tries to determine if measurable savings in the health care system are created as a result.
The University of Winnipeg has begun the recruitment process to hire a health economist in the Faculty of Business and Economics to lead this work.
The federal and provincial governments are investing $176 million in cost-shared programming in Manitoba under Growing Forward 2, a five-year, federal-provincial-territorial policy framework to advance the agriculture industry, helping producers and processors become more innovative and competitive in world markets.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 Moisture control technology launches to extend shelf life of produce
- 2022-05-20 Mondipal introduces a new soft fruit crate
- 2022-05-19 Hebei Lantan: Our planters are good in drainage
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?
- 2022-02-24 “We present the TempU8B single-use USB temperature humidity data logger with higher accuracy"
- 2022-02-24 History of biological pollination in UK tomato crops
- 2022-02-22 New finance option allows growers to receive 96% of shipment’s value in 24 hours