Last week, food bloggers from Germany were invited to Prominent’s ‘Tasty Room’ to immerse themselves in the world of tomatoes. They tested and experienced Prominent's tomatoes. And the bloggers got a scoop: project manager Ivette Ouweleen introduced them to the new ‘I feel good’ concept, which focuses on the moment of use.
Cocktail tomatoes with grilled courgettes – one of the recipes from the ‘I feel good’ concept
Research has shown that shoppers need some help when choosing fresh products. They often don’t know which tomato is best for a particular recipe. The ‘I feel good’ concept gives the shopping public a helping hand. “We use special labels to communicate the moment of use, simply by using symbols and a photo of a tasty tomato dish,” explains Ivette. “We also describe the specific characteristics of our tomatoes, for example that a salad tomato is aromatic and juicy, and the best tomato for grilling is sweet and firm. The information is available, but it’s not communicated very well in the store.”
Taste bud test
For lunch, the bloggers were served with a number of culinary surprises. Among the dishes prepared by the chef from the Rossio restaurant in Delft was one which included cocktail tomatoes, grilled courgette, Parmesan cheese and toasted breadcrumbs – a recipe from the ‘I feel good’ concept. And after this taste bud test, the group was naturally treated to a look at the tomatoes in the greenhouse.
For more information:
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- A greenhouse full of cherry blossoms in Hungary
- UK shortages? "Enough iceberg lettuce to sink the Titanic"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-23 New tropical mini pepper launched
- 2023-03-23 "In the organic and Demeter segment in particular, our product has already become well established"
- 2023-03-20 Spring seasonal vegetables include agretti, strigoli, and radicchio
- 2023-03-17 Tasty Tom gets a new look
- 2023-03-15 Can plastic pads provide the same air cooling as paper pads?
- 2023-03-01 Greenhouse grown strawberry tomatoes make their debut
- 2023-02-15 Up to 15 percent more yield and increased resistance
- 2023-02-15 Extending lifespan of substrate while improving plant growth and lower disease pressure
- 2023-02-09 "Presenting Europe's lightest PP bucket"
- 2023-02-07 Three new AVA™ strawberry varieties launched
- 2023-02-01 Scanner uses algorithms and NIR sensor to identify freshness of avocados and strawberries
- 2023-01-30 New tray system launched improving under-canopy airflow
- 2022-12-23 "In today's inflationary environment, choice of horticultural twine is an investment decision"
- 2022-12-16 Air bubble film to boost yields and protect greenhouses from the elements
- 2022-11-29 Australia: baby cucumbers launch limited edition football pack to promote as a healthy sporting snack
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”