Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
CAN (AB): Exploring trade opportunities with Asia
The trade mission will focus on opportunities for value-added food processing, agricultural products such as beef, pork, grains, cooking oils, hemp, honey, beverages and livestock genetics, as well as lumber and pulp exports.
The Alberta delegation will meet with key officials and industry stakeholders in important market centres of Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai and the Chinese province of Heilongjiang, which is commemorating a 35-year trade, investment and cultural exchange relationship with Alberta.
Alberta companies will also be participating in two high-profile agricultural exhibitions, the Food and Hospitality China Show and the Canada Food Expo in South Korea.
Alberta exports approximately $1.8 billion in agri-food products and over $582 million in forestry products annually to China and South Korea.
The estimated cost for travel, meals, accommodations and hosting for Minister Carlier, an aide and two department staff is $64,521.20.
Click here for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Snacking vegetable market continuing to grow despite global challenges
- 2022-08-10 NZ: Microgreens business bounces back after Covid
- 2022-08-10 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 Canada again puts import requirements on US romaine lettuce
- 2022-08-09 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-09 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-08-08 US: Updates and annual facility certification for the offshore greenhouse certification program
- 2022-08-08 Hungary: What are the challenges and opportunities today for horti growers?
- 2022-07-22 GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW CUCUMBER
- 2022-07-22 South African strawberry exports ramp up
- 2022-07-22 Shortage of certain tomato varieties expected this fall
- 2022-07-22 Average retail price of tomatoes in India down 39% over last month
- 2022-07-22 The Italian tomato production: an overview
- 2022-07-21 "The available supply of organic cucumbers does not cover the European demand"
- 2022-07-21 ‘Tomato industry in Ghana has collapsed’
- 2022-07-21 Multiple growing regions and freight factor into US cucumber pricing
- 2022-07-20 Israel’s fresh produce sector starting to see benefits of historic FTA with UAE
- 2022-07-20 The NHAES 2022 INSPIRED Horticultural Research Report
- 2022-07-20 Used pallet demand is booming in the UK