- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
Mexico: Holland Pavilion and Seminar at Expo Agroalimentaria 2016
The Expo Agroalimentaria is the most important horticulture fair in Mexico (in 2015 a bit more than 100.000 visitors) and therefore the perfect place to meet companies and people from the sector. There is an indoor exposition area of 40,000 m2 with 794 stands, demonstration plots, and a business center. The outdoor exposition area, mainly with machinery and agricultural implements, has a surface of 8,400 m2. There are seminar rooms, demonstrative plots and greenhouses.
The 21st edition of the Expo Agroalimentaria 2016 takes place from Tuesday November 8th to Friday November 11th in Irapuato - Mexico. It is the second time that it takes place on a larger location just outside Irapuato.
Agricultural counselor Jean Rummenie (right) and Frank Hoogendoorn of the Dutch Embassy at last year’s Holland Pavilion
This year the Holland pavilion (Indoor stands A609 – A1110) is also bigger than in previous years. It consists of 23 stands which will be used to promote a wide variety of companies: Aweta, Priva América Latina S.A. de C.V., Patron Agri Systems International, Plantanova, Cultilène, Flier Systems, HortiConnect NL, Grow Group, Global Green Team, INA Plastics S.A., Hoogendoorn America Inc., VB Greenhouses, Voltea, Anthura B.V., Van der Knaap - Forteco, Prins Group, Vivero Flor y Miel S.P.R. de R.L., Royal Brinkman México S de RL de CV, HortiMaX B.V., SION Young Plants B.V., and The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Total Dutch presence at the Expo Agroalimentaria is even higher because some other Dutch companies are located elsewhere at the fair and there will also be many Dutch visitors.
Impression of the Expo Agroalimentaria in 2015
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and all Dutch companies at the Expo Agroalimentaria will be glad to offer you the information and products you are looking for.
On Wednesday November 9th the Dutch ambassador in Mexico, Margriet Leemhuis, will visit the expo. That same day the seminar “Soluciones Holandesas para Mejorar la Producción en Invernadero” takes place in conference room “B”. From 11:00 – 12:00 Juan Gonzalez (Hoogendoorn Growth Management) will talk about “The Next Generation Growing” (“La Nueva Generación de Técnicas de Producción”) and from 12:00 – 13:00 Monica Cabildo (Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research) will give her presentation about the Mexican Agrofood sector called “Sector Agroalimentario Mexicano: El dinero que dejamos en la mesa”.
If you come to the Expo Agroalimentaria don’t forget to attend the seminar and visit the different stands of the Holland Pavilion.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): CDFA offers mental health resources web page for farmers and farmworkers
- 2023-01-25 Sneak peek: what's happening at IPM Essen?
- 2023-01-24 Spain: Addressing new market demands at the Winter Open Field Days 2023 in Cartagena
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 International business meetings with buyers of large-scale retailers – Bergamo, Italy
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 Photo report: Sival 2023
- 2023-01-20 Sival comes to an end
- 2023-01-18 Rijk Zwaan’s Winter Leafy Hydroponics Demo is coming up
- 2023-01-17 Registrations open for North American Strawberry Symposium
- 2023-01-16 All things about multispectral imaging
- 2023-01-16 "Year-round strawberry cultivation: challenging, but not impossible"
- 2023-01-13 6th edition of AquaFarm announced
- 2023-01-13 ‘What can I do to make the growing regime a little bit better?’
- 2023-01-13 USDA accepting applications for Netherlands agribusiness trade mission
- 2023-01-10 New report on findings from propagation tray trial to launch at Landscape Ontario Congress
- 2023-01-10 Upcoming Webinar: “Squeaky Clean Start to 2023”
- 2023-01-06 US: 2023 Farm Bill program & crop insurance decisions – What fits your farm?
- 2023-01-04 IDH supports companies to close the living wage gap with Living Wage Action Guide
- 2023-01-04 Fruit Logistica 2023: One industry, one place, all in one