- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Greenhouse humidity plays a vital role in plant and root health"
- German tomato grower has record production, thanks to crop planning platform's new insights
- "Dynamic lighting allows growers to tune their lights to get maximum yield"
- Studies on weed hosts of tomato brown rugose fruit virus
- UK: Ministers launch push to grow more tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuces
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
- Nigerian grower builds greenhouse from scratch
October 28, Tucson
US (AZ): CEAC October seminar on growing crops for healthy living
IM, now an internationally recognized movement in healing in medicine and health care, is a natural development stemming from Weil's background as a botanist (Harvard University; Harvard Botanical Museum), a physician (Harvard Medical School), an avid student of indigenous medicine, and a fellow of the Institute of Current World Affairs which sponsored him to study alternative medicine, as well as medicinal and psychoactive plants, for the treatment of mental illness.
Combine these elements with an innovative, unconventional, creative and incisive mind that is Andrew Weil, and you end up with the acceptance of a new kind of medicine that uses an integrated approach to healing the mind and body. Weil's journey was not easy in the early days. But he was tenacious, persuasive, and highly critical in using accepted principles of medical science (based on statistical results and analysis) to prove that integrative medicine combining conventional medicine with the ideas and practices of healing traditions is a better way to treat the whole person. Arguably, this last element is the major driving force behind IM: to promote health and thus prevent disease in the first place.
Along the way, Weil has become the author of more than a dozen acclaimed books, numerous scientific papers, and many popular articles. These writings document his journey and expertise in the study of medicinal plants, alternative medicine, medical education reform, and public health approaches designed to deliver excellent care to people everywhere. In this CEAC Covering Environments Seminar, Dr. Weil will discuss the complexity of medicinal plants and how their use offers the possibility of a different and better pharmacotherapeutic model than the use of isolated compounds. His current thoughts on cultivation of medicinal plants for use in clinical settings will also be discussed.
Click here for more information and to register.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-03 Eighth edition of Seed meets Technology is over
- 2022-09-30 Photo report of Vertifarm 2022
- 2022-09-30 Energy lecture for greenhouse growers with an eye for new technologies
- 2022-09-29 Opportunities and hurdles becoming visible in the market
- 2022-09-29 J. Huete International takes its high-tech greenhouse models to Fruit Attraction
- 2022-09-29 Flemish agriculture and horticulture open house during Agriculture Day
- 2022-09-28 "In these tough times, the strawberry sector must find solutions"
- 2022-09-28 Protected cropping: an open day to explore the latest trends
- 2022-09-27 Join the knowledge hub at Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-09-27 Taiwan fact-finding mission on cold chain for horticulture
- 2022-09-27 Wageningen University organizes course on Postharvest Technology
- 2022-09-26 2022 Canadian Greenhouse Conference takes place next week
- 2022-09-26 Fresh fruit & vegetable industry Virtual Global Sustainability Symposium
- 2022-09-26 France: day 2 of Natexpo 2022
- 2022-09-26 Dutch company presents packaging lines at Business Relation Days
- 2022-09-26 Exploring organic grower challenges and solutions
- 2022-09-26 'Back British Farming Day' rescheduled to Wednesday 2 November
- 2022-09-26 CPMA hosts 2022 semi-annual board of directors meetings
- 2022-09-22 Last day of the Vertical Farming World Congress
- 2022-09-21 Online training course: Tips and tricks for surviving the energy crisis