New crop sweet bell peppers are now available out of SunSelect’s greenhouse in Tehachapi, CA. It is the only large scale greenhouse to produce sweet bell peppers in the winter. First picks are available in yellow and red. Orange is not far behind, Oppy reports.
For more information:
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- A greenhouse full of cherry blossoms in Hungary
- UK shortages? "Enough iceberg lettuce to sink the Titanic"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-23 Plantables celebrates 5 year anniversary
- 2023-03-21 IE: "Growers need greater support"
- 2023-03-21 India: Start-up provides automation push for hydroponic farm
- 2023-03-21 US (NC): Winston-Salem picks food distribution nonprofit to run hydroponic farm
- 2023-03-17 Good demand and fair average prices for Italian dark green courgettes
- 2023-03-15 Tanzian grower on a mission to boost horti landscape
- 2023-03-14 “We’re trying to do everything we can today so we can hunker down tomorrow”
- 2023-03-13 "I now have almost more photos of bell peppers than of my two-year-old son"
- 2023-03-13 Increasing demand for plastic ducts for soilless cultivation
- 2023-03-10 Tea growers make real horticultural tea together
- 2023-03-10 "We have built a completely separate ecosystem here"
- 2023-03-10 Growing saffron in a container farm
- 2023-03-09 British Columbia: Touch-free leafy greens poised to hit grocery shelves this month
- 2023-03-09 Taking aim at specialities to stand out from the crowd
- 2023-03-09 Quebec greenhouse grower rebrands into Cultures Gen V
- 2023-03-08 Rijk Zwaan partners up with Greenhouse Sisters for Carapaz RZ
- 2023-03-07 Neurodiversity in vertical farming: bringing an overlooked workforce to the forefront
- 2023-03-06 US (GA): Forging pathways to land access for BIPOC growers
- 2023-03-06 “We now ventilate above the screens and that helps us get rid of extra humidity"
- 2023-03-03 Hong Kong youth bring farm hopes to Guangdong