- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
UK: AHDB Horizon report looks into horticultural trade options
The report explores how trade deals with the EU and the rest of the world following Brexit may impact UK horticulture.
It profiles the current trading position of horticultural crops in the global arena and highlights the opportunities and threats associated with various potential terms of trade.
AHDB’s Stephen Howarth, who co-authored the report, said: “The sustainability and viability of food production businesses in the UK are underpinned by its relationship with the rest of the world.
“But the balance of imports and exports, as well as our levels of self-sufficiency, vary widely from sector to sector. We’ve taken a long, hard look at where those differences are and how they could be turned into an opportunity in future. This will help farm businesses and their supply chains anticipate the impacts of trade policy better as Brexit negotiations unfold and plan accordingly.”
It joins the suite of Horizon publications, produced by AHDB in the wake of the EU referendum and focusing on key issues for UK agriculture and horticulture.
Mr Howarth added: “Increasing productivity and profitability across the supply chain will also be critical in a post-Brexit world, especially in sectors where major global exporters are able to price more competitively. This will help UK businesses to remain resilient if access to the UK market is opened up to a wider range of suppliers.”
For more information and to download a digital copy, visit www.ahdb.org.uk/brexit
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 Green, even more green, will it be houses or greenhouses in Harmelerwaard?
- 2023-09-28 Peppers pricey for this time of year
- 2023-09-28 California border patrol officers arrest man smuggling cocaine in cucumber shipment
- 2023-09-28 GfK figures and trends on fruit and vegetable consumption in Germany presented by Ulrike Singer
- 2023-09-28 CAN (ON): Affordable housing investment project of $61.4M includes aquaponic farm
- 2023-09-27 "Shoppers may pay 50% more for tomatoes if the US puts duties on Mexican tomatoes"
- 2023-09-27 Spanish zucchini exports decrease by 18%
- 2023-09-27 Digitalization of the Spanish agricultural sector
- 2023-09-27 Nigerian tomato growers aim for decentralized production
- 2023-09-26 97% of Mexican berries go to the United States and Canada
- 2023-09-26 "Shift from tomatoes to other fruiting vegetables due to risk of ToBRFV"
- 2023-09-26 Fruit and vegetable exports Vietnam set for a record $5 billion this year
- 2023-09-26 Stable market ahead expected for Thai Chili peppers
- 2023-09-26 Production dip prompts price hike for loose tomatoes
- 2023-09-26 Azura Group and Foundation donating €1.5m to Moroccan earthquake relief fund
- 2023-09-25 Satisfactory market for Sicilian organic tomatoes in Germany
- 2023-09-25 Australians are still throwing away too many vegetables
- 2023-09-25 Microgreens are increasingly popular
- 2023-09-25 NASA’s record-breaking astronaut: scientific highlights of Frank Rubio’s year in space
- 2023-09-25 Government in Morocco approves 5% minimum wage increase