- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
October 28, Tucson
"US (AZ): "Growing crops for healthy living" seminar at CEAC"
IM, now an internationally recognized movement in healing in medicine and health care, is a natural development stemming from Weil's background as a botanist (Harvard University; Harvard Botanical Museum), a physician (Harvard Medical School), an avid student of indigenous medicine, and a fellow of the Institute of Current World Affairs which sponsored him to study alternative medicine, as well as medicinal and psychoactive plants, for the treatment of mental illness.
Combine these elements with an innovative, unconventional, creative and incisive mind that is Andrew Weil, and you end up with the acceptance of a new kind of medicine that uses an integrated approach to healing the mind and body. Weil's journey was not easy in the early days. But he was tenacious, persuasive, and highly critical in using accepted principles of medical science (based on statistical results and analysis) to prove that integrative medicine combining conventional medicine with the ideas and practices of healing traditions is a better way to treat the whole person. Arguably, this last element is the major driving force behind IM: to promote health and thus prevent disease in the first place.
Along the way, Weil has become the author of more than a dozen acclaimed books, numerous scientific papers, and many popular articles. These writings document his journey and expertise in the study of medicinal plants, alternative medicine, medical education reform, and public health approaches designed to deliver excellent care to people everywhere. In this CEAC Covering Environments Seminar, Dr. Weil will discuss the complexity of medicinal plants and how their use offers the possibility of a different and better pharmacotherapeutic model than the use of isolated compounds. His current thoughts on cultivation of medicinal plants for use in clinical settings will also be discussed.
Click here to register for the seminar.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 Webinar: India’s vegetables can be wealth generators
- 2022-05-19 Horticulture exhibition fair took place in west Ukraine
- 2022-05-17 Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- 2022-05-13 Protected Cropping Australia Conference a success despite heavy rains
- 2022-05-13 US: Horticulture lighting and learning event
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-12 Hort Science Live to return in July
- 2022-05-12 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 The fruit and vegetable sector restarts with in-person meetings
- 2022-05-10 Macfrut 2022: opinions and reflections expressed by some of the participants
- 2022-05-09 International events bring the Plant Empowerment principles to growers around the world
- 2022-05-05 Caspian Agro and InterFood Azerbaijan open their doors on May 18
- 2022-05-05 University of Florida 2022 Greenhouse Training Online courses
- 2022-05-05 "The Future of Farming and Food Processing – AI in Food- and Farm Automation"
- 2022-05-03 AMHPAC will hold its XIV annual convention
- 2022-05-02 Picture time: Technical suppliers find their way to GreenTech Americas
- 2022-05-02 Canadian Greenhouse Conference returns as in-person event
- 2022-05-02 IFPA Fresh Field Catalyst names winners
- 2022-05-02 Highlight NL horticulture in Horti Asia 2022 at Bangkok