- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Australia: Victoria gets new food innovation center
From left to right: Elesha Kelly, R and D end to end manager Monash University, Daryl Thompson, Design and visualisation manager, Monash University, Minister Noonan, Minister for Industry and Employment
The centre, based in Clayton, will be a one-stop-shop for food and fibre businesses to access world-class product and packaging design and development services, sensory evaluation, consumer testing, visualisation, and research laboratories.
As part of the Victorian Government's collaboration with the China based China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Corporation (COFCO) Group, the centre will provide new insights into Chinese consumer needs, regulatory requirements and better access to platforms to fast track export opportunities.
With the middle class population across Asia expected to grow to more than three billion people by 2030, there are real opportunities for Victorian food businesses.
Victoria's food and fibre sector employs 190,000 people and accounts for more than one quarter of national food and fibre exports, valued at $12 billion in 2014-15.
The Victorian Government has provided $2.5 million over three years for the establishment and expansion of the centre at Monash University and supports high growth sectors, such as the food and fibre industry, through the $200 million Future Industries Fund to boost growth and create jobs for Victoria.
Read more about Victoria's Food and fibre sector.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way
- 2023-10-12 Canadian greenhouse grower expands grape tomato line