- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
Greenhouse builders to conquer harsh Kyrgyz weather conditions
Minister Erlan Abdyldaev and a Kyrgyz delegation visited the company yesterday. "Greenhouse production offers major opportunities for Kyrgyzstan," Robert-Jan de Goey of Dalsem Complete Greenhouse Projects says. "They can become more self-sufficient, grow better quality produce and use less chemical crop protection. That's why Mr Abdyldaev and his colleagues show great interest in big greenhouse projects."
Kyrgyzstan is bordered by Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest and China to the east. Its capital and largest city is Bishkek. The mountainous region of the Tian Shan covers over 80% of the country.
The climate varies regionally. The southwestern Fergana Valley is subtropical and extremely hot in summer, with temperatures reaching 40 °C (104 °F). The northern foothills are temperate and the Tian Shan varies from an arid continental to polar climate, depending on elevation. In the coldest areas, temperatures are sub-zero for around 40 days in winter, and even some desert areas experience constant snowfall in this period. In the lowlands, the temperature ranges from around -6 °C (21 °F) in January to 24 °C (75 °F) in July. In the low-lying Fergana Valley in the south, temperatures may peak as high as the low 40s in summer. These harsh circumstances are excellent challenges for Dutch greenhouse builders.
Minister Erlan Abdyldaev completed his trip by visiting Koenders, the Dutch minister of Foreign Affairs.
For more information:
Robert-Jan de Goey
2635 CG DEN HOORN
Tel +31 (0) 15 269 58 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 Bakker Belgium introduces first e-truck in Belgium
- 2023-01-26 Dutch greenhouses make place for houses
- 2023-01-26 Eureka Sunrise wins superior taste award for BerryWorld
- 2023-01-26 Paper bag for naturally moist soil
- 2023-01-26 Japanese plant-based ingredients startup gets investments
- 2023-01-26 New Finnish website launched to link global fresh produce buyers
- 2023-01-26 Church collaborates with Muslim Aid to build 2,720 greenhouses in Bosnia
- 2023-01-26 Kevin van Berlo to Mexico for BVB and love
- 2023-01-26 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-26 Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 2023-01-26 CAN (AB): Solar-powered greenhouse project introduced
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-25 Authorities uncover a 2.5 million euro Social Security fraud in Almeria's greenhouse construction sector
- 2023-01-25 World Horti Center opened in South Korea
- 2023-01-25 AU: “Best practice hygiene protocols as well as pest and disease mitigation are at the forefront of our facility design”
- 2023-01-25 Partnership to expand TAPKIT's market presence
- 2023-01-25 Yvan Hamel joins Sollum as Chief Product Officer
- 2023-01-25 Vijay Rapaka promoted to Global grower operations and research
- 2023-01-25 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors