- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
- Young Indian growers look forward to technical tools
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
From Windset Farms
Costco Japan receives first shipment of Canadian peppers
Windset Farms Maestro Sweet Bell Peppers received at Costco Japan warehouse. Pictured with Ken Theriault (Costco Country Manager Japan) and Karra-Lee Gerrits (Trade Commission of the Government of Canada)
This process for gaining market access has been over 25 years in the making between the Canadian and Japanese government bodies. “The Government of Canada continues to work to create new opportunities for Canadian farmers and agri-food exporters in key markets all over the world,” says Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (Canada). “I am pleased that producers can start exporting B.C. greenhouse peppers to Japan,” he adds.
Windset Farms Maestro Sweet Bell Peppers received at Costco Japan warehouse. Pictured Costco Japan and Government of Canada officials.
Costco Japan will be the first company to receive Canadian peppers. They opened their first warehouse in Japan in 1999, and have since expanded to 25 warehouses. Costco Japan has been at the forefront of retail innovation in Japan, bringing in the concept of wholesale and now, importing the first shipment of Canadian bell peppers.
Windset Farms Maestro Sweet Bell Peppers received at Costco Japan warehouse in Kanagawa.
For more information:
Delta BC V4K 3N2
Phone: (604) 940-7700
Fax: (604) 940-7711
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 Japan is looking to Morocco to help ensure its food security
- 2022-05-20 Soaring temperatures reflected in fruit and vegetable prices
- 2022-05-20 U.S. Dept of Labor recovers $225K in back wages for agri workers in California
- 2022-05-20 Will Artificial Intelligence and robotics usher in an era of sustainable precision agriculture?
- 2022-05-20 "Cauliflower season in Poland started without any delays"
- 2022-05-19 General Authority for Statistics: Prices of some goods up by 36%
- 2022-05-19 Soaring dollar rates affect Pakistan fruit and vegetable prices
- 2022-05-19 "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- 2022-05-19 Climate change is already taking its toll on Spanish agriculture
- 2022-05-19 Berries become Mexico’s number one agri-food export product
- 2022-05-19 Significant increases in price for fruit this week; red cherries, seedless watermelons, Bartlett pears
- 2022-05-19 Viet Nam - U.S. Agricultural cooperation: reliability and mutual benefit
- 2022-05-19 Australian growers again see Queensland floods ruin crops
- 2022-05-18 Poland ranked third among EU countries, regarding strawberry production
- 2022-05-18 Malaysia: Modern farming popular with young agropreneurs
- 2022-05-18 Estonia: Tomato and cucumber production costs up
- 2022-05-18 Bangalore: Vegetables enter the 'Rs 100 club'
- 2022-05-18 Movement of Mexican asparagus crossing through Arizona, California and Texas expected to increase
- 2022-05-18 94.1% of the fruits and vegetables exported by Spain are transported by truck
- 2022-05-18 Australia: Union alliance and Woolworths partnership should support all workers