- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
US: Rodale Institute announces Organic Farmers Association
Advocacy efforts will be led by Elizabeth Kucinich, Board Policy Chair for Rodale Institute. Kucinich has extensive policy experience in Washington, D.C., including serving as the former director of policy at the Center for Food Safety and former director of government affairs at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). Elizabeth is an advisory council member of DC EFF, the world’s largest environmental film festival, and is a producer of GMO OMG and Organic Rising.
“We have a tremendous opportunity to bring organic farmers’ voices and their experience with agriculture to policymakers in Washington, D.C.,” said Kucinich. “Policymakers have not yet grasped the significance of organic agriculture for resilient, reliable, non-toxic food production, and its ability to mitigate climate change while restoring our nation’s soil health. We have an opportunity to benefit organic farmers, while positively impacting our nation’s health and mitigating our climate crisis.”
In addition to better representation for organic farmers on legislative issues, the Organic Farmers Association will provide resources for farmers such as webinars, online tools, discounts, and a subscription to Rodale Institute’s New Farm magazine, providing the latest research and news for organic farmers.
“A lot of people say they speak for farmers,” said Jeff Moyer, Executive Director, Rodale Institute. “But there are no national organizations that exist specifically for organic farmers, by organic farmers. A lot of organic farmers are still isolated in their communities. We’d like to unite the nearly 20,000 organic farms around the country to provide that voice, provide a network, and provide the resources that farmers need to be successful.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market
- 2021-01-11 Both a radish and a root vegetable – the watermelon radish
- 2020-11-09 Eroski develops a new range of organic fruits and vegetables under its own brand
- 2020-11-06 Holiday herb mixes now available