- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Turkey: Increased support for sustainable glass
"Investment in greenhouse construction and in general horticulture is very strongly supported by the government of Turkey", said Galina Nagy of Varnet Glasshouse System, an Antalya based greenhouse builder that specializes in Venlo type glass greenhouse construction. Located in the ‘Greenhouse Capital’ of Turkey, her company is right next to the highland regions of Elmali and Korkuteli where glass greenhouse agriculture has very significantly increased in the last few years. Over the last two years, Varnett completed two glass greenhouse projects in that area.
Galny said due to the increased support for sustainable and efficient production practices, their designs more often accommodate technical solutions with minimal environmental impact.
The two hectare geothermal greenhouse of Sanser Tarim
"A prime example of this may be a recent project we completed in Sandikli, Afyonkarahisar, a region where thermal ground water - as in most such places in Turkey - is used for district heating. Our engineering department designed a clever system of valves and heat exchangers to heat the greenhouse with this renewable energy. The heat source is used without a direct line out of the city's heating system and thus avoiding the depletion of any energy.''
The independent use of the return (waste) waters before re injection into the strata enabled the grower Sanser Tarim to grow tomatoes within their modern glass Venlo greenhouse of 2 hectares with a minimal environmental footprint, and most importantly; significant savings.
The greenhouse project of Sanser Tarim was completed in April this year and was the second project that Varnet had been working on. It was Sanser Tarim's first step into horticulture which shows that newcomers in this industry are looking at more modern production practices than the traditional Turkish greenhouse growers.
"We mainly build Venlo type glass greenhouses that use advanced Dutch horticultural technologies", said Galny. "The range of our services run from supplying the construction materials and the components of its integrated systems (heating, ventilation, screening, fogging, irrigation, and electrical systems etc.), to build and complete customized turnkey glass greenhouse projects.''
For more information:
Varnet Glasshouse Systems
Sales & Export Manager
Office: +90 242 502 0305 ext 129
Mobile: +90 530 042 2743
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 An entrepreneur from the Berdyuzhsky district opened a greenhouse for growing vegetables, seedlings, and herbs
- 2022-05-18 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%
- 2022-04-20 Germany: "We will not be able to avoid gas as an energy source in the medium term"
- 2022-04-20 Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
- 2022-04-19 In memoriam: Rick Donnan
- 2022-04-15 "We sell most of our Israeli salicornia to Italy"
- 2022-04-14 “Despite the increase in energy costs, we are still following our initial production schedule”
- 2022-04-13 Shanghai pandemic lockdown, residents try hydroponics at home
- 2022-04-13 Singapore: Supplying modular aquaponic farms to the 3 C’s
- 2022-04-13 Strawberry sales are doing better in the large-scale retail trade and abroad
- 2022-04-13 "China's avocado cultivation has a long way to go"