- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- KUBO Group acquires cultivation systems and software branch of Codema
- Making LEDs and lower energy costs accessible to HPS-growers
- How to cool a greenhouse in the hot climate of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and central Asia?
- "Mexico is a world leader in protected agriculture"
- Internet-based precision irrigation system shows promise for fresh-market tomato
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Dominica: Greenhouse donated by China officially commissioned
That greenhouse was handed over on August 7th, 2015, to the farmers of Castle Bruce.
The Chinese Agricultural Mission provides seedlings and trains farmers in seedling production and farming techniques.
Farmers and extension officers of the Ministry of Agriculture underwent an eight-week course in crop husbandry and tractor operation and maintenance.
On Wednesday, September 21st, participants were awarded certificates of completion.
The Hon Member of Parliament for the Castle Bruce Constituency who is also Minister for Agriculture, Johnson Drigo, said this training is very important since he expects a greater demand for agricultural produce from the Castle Bruce area.
“We must mechanize. Now that we have trained three persons in the operation and maintenance of the tractor, we will recognise tremendous benefits. We expect them to [do their best] so that we can utilise the equipment to its maximum.”
Now that individuals have received technical training, the Castle Bruce greenhouse is officially open for operations.
He added, “First of all, we have a pepper project where six young people are cultivating two acres of hot peppers in the first instance. We expect to propagate over 16,000 pepper seedlings at first.
“Secondly, the Castle Bruce Tourism Organisation is rapidly structuring its self to bring out the eco-tourism strength of Castle Bruce.
“We anticipate that the greenhouse will not only produce vegetable seedlings but we will propagate flowers to enhance the bay front and the entire community as we prepare for the eco-tourism project on which we are embarking.
The Hon Minister thanked the People’s Republic of China and the Chinese Agricultural Mission for the financial and technical assistance provided for the enhancement of agriculture in Dominica.
Source: Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-26 Oxfordshire farm's new greenhouse set to serve up strawberries fit for Queens
- 2022-05-24 O’Hanlon Fresh Herbs improves crop production with innovative rolling gutter system
- 2022-05-23 US (NY): New facility at Central Park Greenhouse completed
- 2022-05-18 Agro-industry: giant greenhouse with artificial intelligence
- 2022-05-17 Canada: B.C.'s cool, wet spring playing havoc with farmers
- 2022-05-16 US (NJ): Middletown high school north gets $10K grant for its greenhouse
- 2022-05-16 High-density vertical farm will supply enough leafy greens for all of British Columbia come fall
- 2022-05-16 Ireland: Cill Ulta glasshouse redevelopment launce in Falcarragh
- 2022-05-16 Industrial clusters of the entire value chain can better drive the development of China's protected agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Iran: New greenhouse estates to be set up in Gilan province
- 2022-05-12 Smartkas signs MOU to build greenhouses in Brazil
- 2022-05-12 Green Life Farms set to construct fourth farm in Florida
- 2022-05-10 Small tomatoes leverage a big industry in the Baiyin Haisheng Smart Greenhouse Industrial Park
- 2022-05-09 Iran: Area under greenhouse cultivation tripled in Hormozgan in 6 years
- 2022-05-09 Philippines: Legarda’s greenhouse project in San Remigio seen to boost Antique’s counter-insurgency efforts
- 2022-05-06 Family farm gets high tunnels to protect against excess of rain
- 2022-05-06 Indiana-grown: take a look inside Dead Headers Greenhouse
- 2022-05-05 "It took some time to find the ideal plant growing conditions on the Bahamas"
- 2022-05-05 UK: Forres polytunnel plan receives £7724 cash grant
- 2022-05-05 Organized greenhouse zone application is accepted in Nevsehir, Turkey