- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
NL: First water purification of AgroZonesystem now certified
The installation is based on 100% ozone technique. Under the name HortiZone, this purifier is marketed in various capacities. The certification was realized by Wageningen UR, spearheaded by Jim van Ruijven.
Ozone is one of the most environmentally friendly techniques. The purification installation is based on 100% ozone oxidation. No consumables, like activated carbon, hydrogen peroxide, chloride, catalysts or coated ceramic grains, are needed. Just electricity and compressed air.
Agrozone supplies the HortiZone in two types. The basic model with a 0.7m3/h capacity is just a bit bigger than a euro pallet, and is provided in a 230V model, keeping energy costs low.
A PLUS model is also available, which can double as a disinfector. In addition to full disinfection of your drainwater, it also results in a significant increase of oxygen in the irrigation water. This decreases disease pressure around the roots, stimulates beneficial organisms, improves nutrient absorption and keeps pipes and drip systems cleaner. A big plus of using ozone as a disinfector is that it also removes growth inhibitors and root exudates from the water.
Sodium and nitrogen removal
For zero emission in 2027, a purification step has been developed to remove sodium and nitrogen. This unit can be placed behind the HortiZone. The residues from this purification are reusable fertilizers. So Agrozone is future-proof.
Individual or collective
With certified purification capacities of 0.7m3/h to 10m3/h, this installation can be used for individual applications, but also for collectives. Larger capacities are always bespoke.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 Japan: Development of a growth sensing system for just-in-time production of strawberries
- 2022-05-19 Durable fruit pruner developed in corporation with tomato growers
- 2022-05-18 Snack tomato grower Westburg chooses data platform for now and the future
- 2022-05-18 Week-long work in the greenhouse without the need to charge
- 2022-05-17 New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- 2022-05-17 Wageningen agro food robotics parcours is back
- 2022-05-16 "We encase greenhouses in a layer of intelligence"
- 2022-05-11 "Consider dehumidification in your initial greenhouse planning"
- 2022-05-09 Ultrafiltration for closed cultivation, but what is ultrafiltration anyway?
- 2022-05-09 WUR works with digital cultivation logbook: "A flexible system like this is ideal for us"
- 2022-05-05 Canada: Heating 40 acres of greenhouses with mixture of natural and biogas
- 2022-05-04 Improving the efficiency of farming operations through smart data
- 2022-05-04 A Longhorn farm aims to reinvent farming - with robots
- 2022-05-04 Robot spins 16 arms to pick the ripest strawberries
- 2022-05-04 "Invest time in training and chances of success increase exponentially.”
- 2022-05-04 "Automated real-time stress alerts from your plants increase yields"
- 2022-05-03 Saving on labor with strawberry spraying
- 2022-05-03 Digital pepper growing: "The innovation lies in the application of existing technology"
- 2022-05-02 The problem with handheld moisture meters
- 2022-04-29 TomaGrow wins greenhouse competition: seeking to commercialize solutions found