- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Strategic partnership Colorado Aquaponics and Ceres Greenhouse Solutions
One of the best ways to get started on the path to greater self-reliance, and aquaponic greenhouse food production is through education. Both companies are passionate about educating customers on the amazing growing opportunities that owning an aquaponic greenhouse offers. Empowered with information, home hobbyist can grow nutritious food for their families, schools can teach Science, Technology, Engineering and Math principles, and small farmers can produce high quality vegetables, fruits and herbs year round for their customers. Upcoming training sessions for Aquaponics Growing are on October 15th at Flourish Farms @ The GrowHaus in Denver, CO and Greenhouse Design hosted at The Aquaponic Source in Longmont, Co on Oct 16th. In addition, those interested in aquaponics farming can benefit from attending the 4-day Aquaponic Farming Course at Colorado Aquaponic's Flourish Farms @ The GrowHaus, in Denver, CO Oct 27th – 30th, 2016.
"Education is one of the best investments someone can make to empower themselves to successfully grow a lot of food." says Tawnya Sawyer, co-owner of Colorado Aquaponics, and The Aquaponic Source. "An energy-efficient greenhouse has the potential to be a truly sustainable, self-sufficient food system", adds JD.
The aquaponic greenhouses feature Ceres' scalable steel frame structures, with an insulated north wall and tri-wall polycarbonate glazing. The energy-efficient materials deliver a more controlled, year-round growing environment that reduces the natural resource demands for heating and cooling typically associated with traditional greenhouse structures. In turn, the greenhouse benefits from added thermal mass of aquaponic fish tanks and deep water culture, which help to stabilize and regulate temperature. Combined, the two components creates a natural synergy that enables aquaponic operations to grow more efficiently, sustainably and year-round in a wide range of climates.
"Our Ceres greenhouse in Leadville is in full bloom at 10,800 ft., producing summer squash, tomatoes, basil, and figs, even though it regularly drops to negative 20 degrees at night," said Marc Plinke, Ceres' co-founder. "The Leadville structure is a net-zero greenhouse where if electricity is needed for temperature control it is provided by a solar PV system attached to the owner's home. The majority of the heating and cooling comes from the sun and our energy-efficient design."
Ceres pre-fabricated aquaponics greenhouses will be offered in a range of sizes, such as a 23' x 40' for back-yard growers, or a 30' x 96' for small-scale farm businesses. Growers have the option of purchasing just the designs or a pre-fabricated structure and system components. In addition, both companies offer custom design, engineering, training and consulting services tailored to each grower's needs.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 "We are in 'growth mode,' but not at any cost"
- 2022-05-20 "By doubling our capacity, we can respond to market developments with agility and at short notice"
- 2022-05-20 Coating with a helicopter
- 2022-05-20 UConn supports Connecticut’s greenhouse industry
- 2022-05-20 US (MA): How lettuce - and jobs - could sprout from this downtown Brockton vertical farm
- 2022-05-20 Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- 2022-05-20 Romanian Grup Serban Holding invests €3 million in vegetable packaging plant
- 2022-05-20 McDonald's Taiwan temporarily stops serving french fries
- 2022-05-20 Royal Brinkman make stronger Australian Team
- 2022-05-20 Richard Harrison new Managing Director at Plant Sciences Group
- 2022-05-20 45-year Canadian produce veteran hangs up his hat at Oppy
- 2022-05-20 US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
- 2022-05-20 Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- 2022-05-19 “I’m excited to focus on vegetable seeds going forward”
- 2022-05-19 Sainsbury set to drop plastic packaging on bananas
- 2022-05-19 Air France-KLM and CMA CGM join forces
- 2022-05-19 Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- 2022-05-19 IE: Celebrating the launch of Cill Ulta Glasshous Falcarragh
- 2022-05-19 Robot arms load 75 punnets/min. into crate
- 2022-05-19 Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries