- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Latvia: Pindstrup Group opens modern wood fibre plant
The total investment in the plant reached EUR 5 million, of which EUR 1.2 million are from the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA), while the rest was financed by the company. This investment will make it possible to significantly increase the production volume and exports while also increasing the number of employees at the company by 25 persons.
"Today I am very pleased to take part in the opening of new fibre plant of SIA 'Pindstrup Latvia'. It is not just a new plus sign for Latvia’s export balance. It is more than plain tax revenue, more than new added value to wood chips, more than environment-friendly production in Latvia. I would like to emphasize that it means new well-paid jobs,” said the Minister of Finance Dana Reizniece-Ozola during the opening.
Simon Søe, CEO of “Pindstrup Latvia”, expressed his satisfaction with what has been achieved: “The new wood fibre plant is a very important project for the entire Pindstrup Group. It took more than three years to complete the plant, and we are very proud of what has been accomplished. There is nothing like this plant in the Baltics, and it will allow Pindstrup to expand the production of growing media by 30 %.”
As part of the opening event, a speed-chess game was set up to illustrate the strategic thinking and tactical manoeuvres that lie behind the decision to invest in a state-of-the-art plant to produce innovative growing media that can help growers optimize their plant production. The Finance Minister of Latvia, Dana Reizniece-Ozola, also a chess Woman Grandmaster, was keen to play the Pindstrup CFO, Tomas Guldberg Hansen, also a skilled chess player, at the opening.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-13 Natural Growth boosts strawberry crop in yield and sweetness
- 2022-05-11 Using an app to use resources more efficiently
- 2022-05-10 "Soaring fertilizer prices put global food security at risk"
- 2022-05-04 Human urine could be an effective and less polluting crop fertiliser
- 2022-04-12 Application for fertilizer efficiency research now open
- 2022-04-12 Sri Lankan coconut industry faces collapse without fertilizer
- 2022-04-12 US (OH): Akron-area farms battle higher costs, led by fertilizer
- 2022-04-07 The Russia-Ukraine war's impact on global fertilizer markets
- 2022-03-31 JBS joins the fertilizer market
- 2022-03-29 Case study on reduced fertilizer use
- 2022-03-29 "Nanobubble tech improves root health, for better quality peppers"
- 2022-03-29 TerraGrow liquid, new microbial plant health promoter
- 2022-03-23 India: Kochi students create low-cost solution that triples hydroponics yield
- 2022-03-23 Research team touts vegetable benefits for used coffee grounds
- 2022-03-18 High fertilizer costs: "even more important to follow agronomic recommendations"
- 2022-03-17 The world's largest strawberry
- 2022-03-16 "Nanobubbles improve root health and lead to better quality peppers"
- 2022-03-15 USDA to invest in innovative American-made fertilizer
- 2022-03-15 Commissioner Nikki Fried shares fertilizer concerns with USDA
- 2022-03-14 Is an effective pesticide which leaves no residue in the environment possible?