- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
More than 360 kilometers of welding works for Dutch project
At the moment in Marknesse all crews are hard at work at a new greenhouse with an impressive surface of 25 hectares. The new complex consists of blocks of 12.5 hectares. Each block has separate transport lines for the heating and CO2 installation. Early spring VB Climate started with the installation of the distribution lines with a total length of over 4,800 meters in order to stay ahead of Havecon, the greenhouse builder, and to have most of the transport lines in the ground already. This way, contractors are able to keep the tight schedule.
Meanwhile, all parties in the first block are ready for Hoogweg to place the ground cloth and next week the first 51mm tube rails can be mounted on the pipe rail supports, so that this part of the greenhouse is ready to plant in approx. 5 to 6 weeks.
In the second block the VB crews are working hard to weld the large amount of 51-ers, so that in week 38 the concrete works can start for the construction of the concrete path, after which Hoogweg can start again with the preparation of the second half of the 25 hectare greenhouse.
To meet the ideal climate requirements in the greenhouse, VB Climate designed an energy room where provisionally two boilers, two CHPs and a heat pump will be placed. The construction of the 10,000 m3 buffer tank is four weeks underway and is expected to be finished next week.
To give an indication of the scale of this impressive greenhouse project: it covers 4,320 meters distribution pipes, 356,000 meters of tube rail lines (which is more than the distance between Brussels and Paris!) and 8,150 meters gable heating.
For more information:
Jogchem van der Houtweg 4 2678 AG De Lier
P.O. Box 41 2678 ZG De Lier
phone +31 174 522222
fax +31 174 510454
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-18 Agro-industry: giant greenhouse with artificial intelligence
- 2022-05-17 Canada: B.C.'s cool, wet spring playing havoc with farmers
- 2022-05-16 US (NJ): Middletown high school north gets $10K grant for its greenhouse
- 2022-05-16 High-density vertical farm will supply enough leafy greens for all of British Columbia come fall
- 2022-05-16 Ireland: Cill Ulta glasshouse redevelopment launce in Falcarragh
- 2022-05-16 Industrial clusters of the entire value chain can better drive the development of China's protected agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Iran: New greenhouse estates to be set up in Gilan province
- 2022-05-12 Smartkas signs MOU to build greenhouses in Brazil
- 2022-05-12 Green Life Farms set to construct fourth farm in Florida
- 2022-05-10 Small tomatoes leverage a big industry in the Baiyin Haisheng Smart Greenhouse Industrial Park
- 2022-05-09 Iran: Area under greenhouse cultivation tripled in Hormozgan in 6 years
- 2022-05-09 Philippines: Legarda’s greenhouse project in San Remigio seen to boost Antique’s counter-insurgency efforts
- 2022-05-06 Family farm gets high tunnels to protect against excess of rain
- 2022-05-06 Indiana-grown: take a look inside Dead Headers Greenhouse
- 2022-05-05 "It took some time to find the ideal plant growing conditions on the Bahamas"
- 2022-05-05 UK: Forres polytunnel plan receives £7724 cash grant
- 2022-05-05 Organized greenhouse zone application is accepted in Nevsehir, Turkey
- 2022-05-04 Taking a look inside a Dutch thermal berry greenhouse
- 2022-05-03 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
- 2022-05-02 China: First phase of new horticultural tomato greenhouse Henan completed in July