- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
Turkey: Semay Akas organizes second soil-less workshop
The grower, which owns one of the most modern greenhouse complexes in Turkey, has chosen 5 trainees from a selection of a hundred applicants. In the coming three months the agricultural engineers will follow a training programme and gain hands-on experience in Semay Akas' operation. The students are provided with a place to stay plus income.
According to Semay Akas, the workshop is a one of its kind in Turkey. "Our consultant Dr. Murat Çiçekli will guide the training and lead the courses. Important topics that will be covered are the main principals of soil-less agriculture, horticultural processes, growing vine tomatoes, nutrients and fertilization, prevention of diseases and more."
For more information: www.semayakas.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- 2023-01-25 US (PA): Peach Hill Orchard invests in new hydroponic farming greenhouse for lettuce and tomato growing
- 2023-01-25 Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- 2023-01-20 Palestinian farmer grows strawberries under water scarcity
- 2023-01-19 India: Grower moves to sustainable cultivation and reaps success
- 2023-01-17 Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- 2023-01-16 Get in shape: Wittenberg Gemüse organizes greenhouse run
- 2023-01-16 India: Growing strawberries, oyster mushrooms and other exotic vegetables in arid Jodhpur
- 2023-01-16 US (WA) : Food coop donates $100,000 to Viva Farms
- 2023-01-12 Paving the way for sustainable greenhouse cultivation in China
- 2023-01-12 Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
- 2023-01-11 A Palestinian engineer-turned-farmer excels in innovative agriculture in besieged gaza
- 2023-01-10 US (NV): Small family farm in Moapa meets high demand
- 2023-01-10 “It’s always good to learn new things. The way we grow has changed quite a lot over the years.”
- 2023-01-09 Cucumbers in Bulgaria are getting the spa treatment
- 2023-01-06 Tinkerbell and Tomberry godfather retires
- 2023-01-06 How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- 2023-01-06 Meet the Croatian tomato variety grower in England
- 2023-01-03 Inside a greenhouse on the rooftop of a Whole Foods
- 2023-01-03 US (MT): New year could bring a boost for hydroponic business in Hill County