- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
Forecast period 2014- 2020
Precision farming market growth driven by technological advancements
Precision Farming helps farmers to get proper information about harvesting and planting. It also suggests the proper amount of pesticides and fertilizers needed for better yield production. Due to various innovations practices in precision farming, farmers benefit from across the globe. Major contributing factors such as improved yield and profitability act as a key driver for the precision farming market. Some other factors such as energy and cost saving along with governmental assistance help in the growth of global precision farming market. Larger initial investment and lack of awareness and their impact acts as restrain for precision farming market. On the basis of technology precision farming market is segmented in three categories such as remote sensing, guidance systems and variable rate technologies. By component, precision farming market is further segmented into automation & control systems, sensing & monitoring devices and farm management systems (FMS).
Some of the leading company such as Trimble Navigation System, Deere & Company and Ag Leader offer the most innovative precision farming equipment with emphasis on the latest technology. Growing investment over research and development on precision farming technology further helps in the growth of the global precision farming market.
North America is one of the prominent markets for precision farming. In North America, the U.S. is seen as a matured market and it is expected to see various upgrades during the forecasted period. Precision farming market is already progressing well in developed countries and it is also expected to grow well even in the developing nations due to the ever growing food demands. Precision farming market in Asia Pacific and Europe is in the earlier stages of adoption life cycle and expected to grow by a double digit rate during the forecasted period. China and India are the two major countries in the Asia pacific region which hold the highest share in the precision farming market. Growth in various farming operating is the Asia Pacific regions further boosts the precision farming market. The global precision farming market is expected to grow in a double digit growth rate during the forecasted period 2014- 2020.
Some of the major players in the global precision farming market are AgJunction Inc., Case IH, Ag Leader Technology, Ag Business & Crop Inc, Dickey-John Corporation, Teejet Technologies, Deere & Company, Trimble Navigation System, Ag Nav Inc., Precision Planting Inc., Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., ACGO Corporation, Topcon Precision Agriculture, SOYL Precision Farming, American Sensor Technologies Inc, Echelon Ag Inc, The Toro Company and Raven Industries Inc.
For more information:
Persistence Market Research
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
- 2023-01-26 South African consumer has to expect higher-priced tomatoes in near future
- 2023-01-26 Morocco approaches the volume of tomatoes that Spain sold in the European Union
- 2023-01-26 “The blueberry sector is looking to expand its production window in Huelva”
- 2023-01-26 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 Prices of tomatoes skyrocket at Koyambedu market in Chennai
- 2023-01-26 Qatar produces more vegetables than it needs
- 2023-01-25 Frost destroyed vegetable crops in the south of Kazakhstan
- 2023-01-25 "Spanish tomatoes, bell peppers' situation finally improving"
- 2023-01-25 Average price vine tomato drops, loose tomato rises further in week 3
- 2023-01-25 European Commission unveils new packaging regulations – to take effect from 2025
- 2023-01-25 Effects of Brexit have become clearer for UK growers
- 2023-01-24 Horticultural products drive total U.S. agricultural import growth
- 2023-01-24 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation
- 2023-01-24 India: Joint Kisan Manch seeks policy for farmers and horticulturists in Himachal
- 2023-01-23 Crisis update: TTF gas price dives below €60/MWh
- 2023-01-23 "Procurement costs of Turkish goods sometimes increased by up to 50 percent"
- 2023-01-23 Bulgaria: Third largest importer of Turkish tomatoes
- 2023-01-23 Türkiye starts 2023 with a large minimum wage hike
- 2023-01-20 Why is lettuce getting more expensive?