- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Forecast period 2014- 2020
Precision farming market growth driven by technological advancements
Precision Farming helps farmers to get proper information about harvesting and planting. It also suggests the proper amount of pesticides and fertilizers needed for better yield production. Due to various innovations practices in precision farming, farmers benefit from across the globe. Major contributing factors such as improved yield and profitability act as a key driver for the precision farming market. Some other factors such as energy and cost saving along with governmental assistance help in the growth of global precision farming market. Larger initial investment and lack of awareness and their impact acts as restrain for precision farming market. On the basis of technology precision farming market is segmented in three categories such as remote sensing, guidance systems and variable rate technologies. By component, precision farming market is further segmented into automation & control systems, sensing & monitoring devices and farm management systems (FMS).
Some of the leading company such as Trimble Navigation System, Deere & Company and Ag Leader offer the most innovative precision farming equipment with emphasis on the latest technology. Growing investment over research and development on precision farming technology further helps in the growth of the global precision farming market.
North America is one of the prominent markets for precision farming. In North America, the U.S. is seen as a matured market and it is expected to see various upgrades during the forecasted period. Precision farming market is already progressing well in developed countries and it is also expected to grow well even in the developing nations due to the ever growing food demands. Precision farming market in Asia Pacific and Europe is in the earlier stages of adoption life cycle and expected to grow by a double digit rate during the forecasted period. China and India are the two major countries in the Asia pacific region which hold the highest share in the precision farming market. Growth in various farming operating is the Asia Pacific regions further boosts the precision farming market. The global precision farming market is expected to grow in a double digit growth rate during the forecasted period 2014- 2020.
Some of the major players in the global precision farming market are AgJunction Inc., Case IH, Ag Leader Technology, Ag Business & Crop Inc, Dickey-John Corporation, Teejet Technologies, Deere & Company, Trimble Navigation System, Ag Nav Inc., Precision Planting Inc., Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., ACGO Corporation, Topcon Precision Agriculture, SOYL Precision Farming, American Sensor Technologies Inc, Echelon Ag Inc, The Toro Company and Raven Industries Inc.
For more information:
Persistence Market Research
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-17 Kerala government decides to fix Minimum Support Price for five more crops
- 2022-05-17 3,500 Nigerian growers targeted for new hybrid tomato & cabbage tests
- 2022-05-17 "Greenhouse lettuce demand and prices fluctuate"
- 2022-05-17 Australian berry industry has seen significant growth in recent years
- 2022-05-17 Almeria's agricultural land bubble
- 2022-05-17 University of Connecticut supports greenhouse industry
- 2022-05-17 Time for Polish strawberries
- 2022-05-17 Mexico to suspend import duties on food staples to counter inflation
- 2022-05-17 The Netherlands produces almost 7 times more cucumbers per square meter than Spain
- 2022-05-16 South Korean agtech to push smart farming in the Philippines
- 2022-05-16 Israeli innovation stopping food waste in its tracks
- 2022-05-16 Government orders ferries using UK ports to pay minimum wages
- 2022-05-16 How these AI solutions for agriculture are keeping plants and growers happy
- 2022-05-16 Investigating high-tech horticulture in urban areas
- 2022-05-16 "Strawberry prices dip due to increased supply"
- 2022-05-13 Vietnam: Crop failures pushes up pepper imports
- 2022-05-13 Late Easter results in dollar gains for fresh produce
- 2022-05-13 Opportunity mapping for horticultural waste streams
- 2022-05-13 Strawberry growers face labour and transport challenges
- 2022-05-13 Good weather means ample radish supplies