- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Danish CEO calls for fairer distribution of marketing funds
Nielsen pointed out that Denmark provides so much support to the organic sector, often, it seems, forgetting about supporting traditional growers, despite organics only representing 1.8% of exports. In 2016, Agriculture and Food and Organic Denmark was allocated Kr. 10.6 million out of a total pool of Kr. 10.8 million, while other applicants, including Food from Denmark, were refused their projects.
Below are a few excerpts from the letter to Larsen from Nielsen, which highlight some of the main issues;
“Our clear position is, unfortunately, that Danish efforts to promote exports is uncoordinated and heavily dependent on grants. Grants can be very effective, especially for small businesses, but they need to be distributed in a fair manner that serves the best interests of Denmark and not just the interests of a few individual organisations.
Wouldn’t it be beneficial to run a common thread through Denmark's marketing activities to promote food exports? Other European countries seem to coordinate the promotion of their exports at fairs with the same design and a common marketing strategy. In Denmark, it seems that a few interest groups put together their own strategy based on their own desires and not on the individual companies' needs. No coordination across the board and all in it for themselves.
Denmark needs a new direction and some new rules about Danish food exports and subsidies. It shouldn’t be possible that Agriculture and Food and Organic Denmark makes the strategies for export and then sees to getting the resources for themselves through the influence of their eight board members. One idea could be to provide support funds directly to the individual company and then let the company decide itself where to invest money. Another idea might be to include some of the professional companies who deal in exports and let them help decide how grant funds will be distributed, based on the principle that corporate interests are being served and not personal ones.”
Please click here to access the full open letter (in Danish) from Karsten Nielsen to Esben Lunde Larson.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?
- 2022-02-24 “We present the TempU8B single-use USB temperature humidity data logger with higher accuracy"
- 2022-02-24 History of biological pollination in UK tomato crops
- 2022-02-22 New finance option allows growers to receive 96% of shipment’s value in 24 hours
- 2022-02-16 Syngenta's winter cherry tomato is 100% Sicilian
- 2022-02-14 Edible coating on snack cucumbers to meet rising demand for sustainability
- 2022-02-11 US greenhouse grower awarded for blueberry packaging