- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- Canada: B.C.'s cool, wet spring playing havoc with farmers
- Dutch strawberry greenhouse Kalteraardbeien closes its doors
- The Netherlands produces almost 7 times more cucumbers per square meter than Spain
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Keelings Fruit nominated for Irish Food Awards
"Fruit snack packs filled distinct gap in Irish market"
Keelings have gained a lot of attention for their snack pots, which were launched in 2013 after the company said it had identified a distinct gap in the market place for healthy, on the go, fresh fruit portions.
"Prior to its launch, consumers told us that they wanted to achieve their '5 a day' but were sometimes confused by this message, and needed convenient solutions. We hope that Snack Pots makes eating healthily a little more achievable for our consumers." shared Sinead Breen from Keelings.
Starting off with strawberries, the snack pot range now includes blueberries, baby strawberries, mixed berries and grapes, in addition to seasonal lines such as Santini Tomatoes and Cherries. They are available in both single pots and as a multipack, which was recently launched.
"We find that Snack Pots appeal to two types of consumers. The first is the consumer who is looking for convenience and healthy snacking on the go, and the other is the mums and dads, who chose them for children’s lunch boxes. Kids seem to love the concept of individual snacking pots." said Sinead.
Keelings grow their strawberries in greenhouses and said that they are always in a state of development, trying new methods and testing new varieties. By doing so, they have been able to extend the Irish growing season from March to November. Sinead said that rain will always make things a little more difficult, but Ireland has an ideal climate for growing strawberries.
"We will use Irish Baby Strawberries from our Farm whenever they are available. Beyond that, we will source from wherever the best quality is available at that moment, depending on the time of year and where the best quality is coming from." said Sinead.
Winners of the Blas nah Eireann will be announced in Dingle, Ireland on Saturday 1st of October.
For more information:
Tel: +353 1 813 5600
Fax: +353 1 813 5638
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging
- 2022-03-16 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"
- 2022-03-16 Panic in label land
- 2022-03-15 Wholesum Springs launches seasonal organic tomato pack
- 2022-03-15 Het Packhuys will debut with the Fusion at Fruit Logistica
- 2022-03-14 "NoW flowpack packaging responds to the market's demand for sustainability"
- 2022-03-11 "The topic of sustainable packaging continues to be a big issue"
- 2022-03-04 The demand for antioxidant solutions for lettuce increases