- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
October 19 & 20
US (LA): Workshops on high tunnel pest exclusion, alternative pesticides
“This series of workshops on pest management are a follow-up to our winter workshops around the state on the use of high tunnels, which are increasingly popular with small and medium-scale market gardeners in order to extend the growing season and increase farm profitability,” said Carl Motsenbocker, LSU AgCenter professor of horticulture and sustainable agriculture.
The presenter for these workshops is Ayanava Majumbar, an extension entomology specialist who works with the SARE program at Auburn University and has conducted research on high tunnel production as well as alternative and integrated pest management for horticultural crops.
The first workshop will be held on Oct. 19 from 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden, 4560 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge. The second workshop is set for Oct. 20 from 9:30 a.m. to noon at the AgCenter Dean Lee Research and Extension Center near LSU of Alexandria off U.S. Route 71 south of Alexandria.
There is no fee, but advance registration is requested at http://lahightunnelpest.eventbrite.com.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-13 US: Horticulture lighting and learning event
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-13 Protected Cropping Australia Conference a success despite heavy rains
- 2022-05-12 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-12 Hort Science Live to return in July
- 2022-05-12 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 The fruit and vegetable sector restarts with in-person meetings
- 2022-05-10 Macfrut 2022: opinions and reflections expressed by some of the participants
- 2022-05-09 International events bring the Plant Empowerment principles to growers around the world
- 2022-05-05 Caspian Agro and InterFood Azerbaijan open their doors on May 18
- 2022-05-05 University of Florida 2022 Greenhouse Training Online courses
- 2022-05-05 "The Future of Farming and Food Processing – AI in Food- and Farm Automation"
- 2022-05-03 AMHPAC will hold its XIV annual convention
- 2022-05-02 Picture time: Technical suppliers find their way to GreenTech Americas
- 2022-05-02 Canadian Greenhouse Conference returns as in-person event
- 2022-05-02 IFPA Fresh Field Catalyst names winners
- 2022-05-02 Highlight NL horticulture in Horti Asia 2022 at Bangkok
- 2022-05-02 Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Convention elects new president and vice president
- 2022-05-02 King meets tomato innovation on King's Day in Maastricht
- 2022-04-29 Another day at GreenTech Mexico again provides great talks