- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
USDA announces $26 million investment to spur agricultural innovation
The 2016 projects focus on water quality, conservation finance and assistance to historically underserved USDA customers. Approximately 25 percent of the funding announced today will go to projects that benefit historically underserved producers, military veterans, and new and beginning farmers.
"The Conservation Innovation Grant program is a highly competitive conservation grant program that helps put the very best conservation tools to work on privately held farms and forests, for maximum environmental impact," said Vilsack. "This investment will offer farmers, ranchers and forest landowners new ways to protect their natural resources and new revenue streams to keep their operations viable, building on the record amount of conservation work that has already been done under this Administration. Demand for this type of support outpaces what USDA can provide alone, but outside partners are willing to make additional investments because they see the good it can do for the environment and for their communities."
With funding from this announcement, USDA has invested nearly $173 million to fund 414 national CIG projects since 2009. For this round of funding, USDA received 170 applications requesting more than $100 million, which far exceeded the initial funding target of approximately $20 million. USDA is making an investment of $26.6 million today, which will leverage an additional $32.5 million in matching investments from the grantees, more than doubling the federal investment.
In 2015, CIG began supporting the burgeoning field of conservation finance and impact investing to attract more private dollars to science-based conservation solutions. Of the 45 projects receiving funding today, 13 are conservation finance awards. These new projects support the design and implementation of approaches to attract private capital to working lands conservation. The selected projects address diverse natural resource issues such as pollinators; sage-grouse conservation; forest, carbon and corporate chain sustainability; and organic farming.
Click here to find out more about the funded projects.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 “I’m excited to focus on vegetable seeds going forward”
- 2022-05-19 Sainsbury set to drop plastic packaging on bananas
- 2022-05-19 Air France-KLM and CMA CGM join forces
- 2022-05-19 "We want a sharp, distinctive position on the European soft fruit market"
- 2022-05-19 Brazilian-Dutch greenhouse project prepares for phase 2
- 2022-05-19 Robot arms load 75 punnets/min. into crate
- 2022-05-19 Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- 2022-05-19 CAN: Phase two of technology trial with Alberta-based The Cucumber Man
- 2022-05-19 IE: Celebrating the launch of Cill Ulta Glasshous Falcarragh
- 2022-05-19 Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- 2022-05-19 Coir supplier celebrates awards amidst challenging times
- 2022-05-18 Solis Agrosciences delivers specialized research services for AgriFoodTech innovators
- 2022-05-18 Growing-Smart: We provide clients with suitable, cost-effective solutions
- 2022-05-18 Stackable planters designed for aeroponic and hydroponic crops
- 2022-05-18 Heating mats to maximize plant nursery yields
- 2022-05-18 "New technologies deserve a chance"
- 2022-05-18 Fall Creek brings on new commercial manager for Peru, Colombia, and Ecuador
- 2022-05-18 Carrier Transicold crosses milestone, with over 1.5 million refrigeration units sold
- 2022-05-18 Illegally connected greenhouse in Romitan cost the district 437 million
- 2022-05-18 Wilco Schoonderbeek to reinforce the Horticoop Board as Director of Investments