- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- Canada: B.C.'s cool, wet spring playing havoc with farmers
- Dutch strawberry greenhouse Kalteraardbeien closes its doors
- The Netherlands produces almost 7 times more cucumbers per square meter than Spain
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Governor of Querétaro opens second stage:
Mexican Agropark hopes to attract more foreign investment
The ceremony was attended by many representatives of the greenhouse operations at the current Agropark, greenhouse technology suppliers and officials of the local authorities. As well as this, a delegation of the Dutch Agricultural Office of the Kingdom of the Netherlands was present; one of the key partners and initiators of the development of the Agropark concept.
The second stage of the high-tech greenhouse cluster in the Mexican state of Queretaro, will provide another 528 hectares of land to develop greenhouses, warehouses, green areas and a residential zone for its workers.
During the opening talk, Amkie stressed the importance of the development of the residential zone for the workers. Many growers that established at the first stage experience problems in the supply of work forces, who had to travel from afar. With the establishment of a couple of hundred apartments, the Agropark hopes to tackle this problem by creating a more local community.
Furthermore, Amkie spoke about the attractive opportunities for foreign investors to establish themselves at the Agropark; the location provides a great alternative for Dutch producers of flowers and vegetables who currently grow their products in Holland and ship them to the U.S. and Canada.
Francisco Domínguez Servién, Governor of the State of Queretaro
Among many other offical from the Mexican government and Unions, also the Governor of Querétaro, Francisco Dominguez was present at the opening. He said that the Agropark was a success story for the city of Colón and the state of Querétaro. "95% of the products grown at the Agropark are exported to the United States and Canada. As the consumption and demand only increases, also in other countries, we foresee a bright future."
Pictures provided by Eduardo Banda of HortiMaX Mexico
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-18 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%
- 2022-04-20 Germany: "We will not be able to avoid gas as an energy source in the medium term"
- 2022-04-20 Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
- 2022-04-19 In memoriam: Rick Donnan
- 2022-04-15 "We sell most of our Israeli salicornia to Italy"
- 2022-04-14 “Despite the increase in energy costs, we are still following our initial production schedule”
- 2022-04-13 Shanghai pandemic lockdown, residents try hydroponics at home
- 2022-04-13 Singapore: Supplying modular aquaponic farms to the 3 C’s
- 2022-04-13 Strawberry sales are doing better in the large-scale retail trade and abroad
- 2022-04-13 "China's avocado cultivation has a long way to go"
- 2022-04-13 "Austria's agriculture came to a standstill 20 years ago"