- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
UK: British cucumbers on par with the Dutch
Morocco and Spain are still the largest suppliers of cherry tomatoes to the UK; Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl have been sourcing their tomatoes from those two countries for the last 15 weeks. Waitrose also sources most of their product from Spain, but occasionally had British product in stock for a number of weeks.
The situation is better with the British grown mixed chillies; these could be found at Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, Co-op, M&S, Waitrose and Aldi. Lidl bought their mixed chillies in France, while Morrisons prefers to truck them in from Spain this week.
Concerning the supply of cucumbers the British are almost on par with the Netherlands; Tesco, M&S, Waitrose and Aldi offered British cukes, while the Dutch sold their cucumbers mostly to Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrisons, Co-op and Lidl last week.
This article was made with the help of data provided by ProduceView. For more information about their UK retail reports:
Market Intelligence Services Ltd
BGA House, Nottingham Road, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 0WB
T: +44 (0)1507 353796
F: +44 (0)1507 600689
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-09 Discounter offers cucumbers for €4.65 per kg
- 2022-05-03 Why are vegetables grown in Singapore pricier than imported greens?
- 2022-03-21 Japanese artist carves gorgeous objects from fruits and vegetables
- 2022-03-14 Date marking related visual cues can reduce food waste
- 2022-02-11 Green Life Farms supplies herbs and leafy greens to Farmer Joe’s market
- 2022-02-09 “As long as the French origin is not on the market, we will not sell any strawberries”
- 2022-01-20 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2021-11-05 "Greenhouse ginger has a stronger flavor than imported ginger"
- 2021-10-01 Tesco applies strict measures for UK growers
- 2021-09-14 Australian industry faces largest rise in food prices in more than a decade
- 2021-08-30 More visibility for regionality and the strengthening of Austrian producers
- 2021-08-30 Co-op chief says current food shortages are worst he’s ever seen
- 2021-08-27 New look for Lidl store in Lustenau
- 2021-08-24 Chain two days shorter in winter with local cucumbers all year-round at Albert Heijn
- 2021-08-13 Retailers try to address UK lorry driver shortage
- 2021-08-09 Driscoll’s transitions to include online sales
- 2021-07-15 ”Alternative to single-use plastic bags for fresh produce”
- 2021-05-28 "My wholesale clients prefer Shanghai and white pak choi"
- 2021-05-27 Seedless lemons go on sale at Tesco
- 2021-05-26 Scottish grown AVA strawberries now available in supermarkets across the UK