- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Over 80% of domestic fruit & veg at Russian retailer
It is currently peak season for fruit and vegetable sales, and the retailer has said that their share of local and direct purchasing during this time of year currently exceeds 80%. The most popular products at the moment in terms of sales are bananas, potatoes and apples.
The company has said that cooperation with Russian suppliers is their top priority and that they are currently developing cooperation agreements with approximately 70 Russian agro holdings. They also plan on doubling the number of direct contracts in all categories within the next two years.
“The first six lines in the popular products rating at neighborhood stores are occupied by vegetables and fruit. Supplies of these products directly from the producer allow the chain to reinforce its control over product quality, as well as reducing costs by an average of 10%. This gives us the opportunity to offer our customers a wide assortment and the best prices in any season.” says DIXY Group Vice-President for Commerce Juan Giralt Silva.
According to FactSheet Russia from fruitandvegetablefacts.com, dated June 2016, Russian imports of fresh fruits and vegetables have declined sharply in the first half of this year. Due to the import boycott which started in August 2014, imports were down by 20% in the first half of 2015, with an additional decrease of 16% this year. In total, imports are down by one third - no less than 1.5 million tons.
For more information:
Tel.: +7 495 933 1450
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 General Authority for Statistics: Prices of some goods up by 36%
- 2022-05-19 Soaring dollar rates affect Pakistan fruit and vegetable prices
- 2022-05-19 "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- 2022-05-19 Climate change is already taking its toll on Spanish agriculture
- 2022-05-19 Berries become Mexico’s number one agri-food export product
- 2022-05-19 Significant increases in price for fruit this week; red cherries, seedless watermelons, Bartlett pears
- 2022-05-19 Viet Nam - U.S. Agricultural cooperation: reliability and mutual benefit
- 2022-05-19 Australian growers again see Queensland floods ruin crops
- 2022-05-18 Poland ranked third among EU countries, regarding strawberry production
- 2022-05-18 Malaysia: Modern farming popular with young agropreneurs
- 2022-05-18 Estonia: Tomato and cucumber production costs up
- 2022-05-18 Bangalore: Vegetables enter the 'Rs 100 club'
- 2022-05-18 Movement of Mexican asparagus crossing through Arizona, California and Texas expected to increase
- 2022-05-18 94.1% of the fruits and vegetables exported by Spain are transported by truck
- 2022-05-18 Australia: Union alliance and Woolworths partnership should support all workers
- 2022-05-17 "Greenhouse lettuce demand and prices fluctuate"
- 2022-05-17 The Netherlands produces almost 7 times more cucumbers per square meter than Spain
- 2022-05-17 3,500 Nigerian growers targeted for new hybrid tomato & cabbage tests
- 2022-05-17 Kerala government decides to fix Minimum Support Price for five more crops
- 2022-05-17 Australian berry industry has seen significant growth in recent years