- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
NSAC applauds USDA, Congress for filling farm operating loan gap
"In June 2016, NSAC joined eight national farm and financial organizations in appealing to Congress to take immediate steps to deal with the FSA shortfall and secure much-needed funds for farmers. We are heartened by today’s news from USDA and hope that Congress will continue to support America’s farmers and ranchers by providing additional funding for farm loan programs in the new fiscal year. We can expect to see an increase in demand for these operating loans next year, and there will likely remain some level of backlog, so allocating the appropriate amount of funding in the final omnibus appropriations bill for fiscal year 2017 will be critical.
"Without operating loans and access to reliable and timely credit, many farmers would be unable to sustain their businesses; those new to the industry would likely be unable to even get their operations off the ground. Congress' responsiveness to this potentially devastating shortfall is a positive sign of their acknowledgement of the importance of credit and operating loans to the future of America’s agricultural economy."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
- 2023-01-26 South African consumer has to expect higher-priced tomatoes in near future
- 2023-01-26 Morocco approaches the volume of tomatoes that Spain sold in the European Union
- 2023-01-26 “The blueberry sector is looking to expand its production window in Huelva”
- 2023-01-26 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 Prices of tomatoes skyrocket at Koyambedu market in Chennai
- 2023-01-26 Qatar produces more vegetables than it needs
- 2023-01-25 Frost destroyed vegetable crops in the south of Kazakhstan
- 2023-01-25 "Spanish tomatoes, bell peppers' situation finally improving"
- 2023-01-25 Average price vine tomato drops, loose tomato rises further in week 3
- 2023-01-25 European Commission unveils new packaging regulations – to take effect from 2025
- 2023-01-25 Effects of Brexit have become clearer for UK growers
- 2023-01-24 Horticultural products drive total U.S. agricultural import growth
- 2023-01-24 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation
- 2023-01-24 India: Joint Kisan Manch seeks policy for farmers and horticulturists in Himachal
- 2023-01-23 Crisis update: TTF gas price dives below €60/MWh
- 2023-01-23 "Procurement costs of Turkish goods sometimes increased by up to 50 percent"
- 2023-01-23 Bulgaria: Third largest importer of Turkish tomatoes
- 2023-01-23 Türkiye starts 2023 with a large minimum wage hike
- 2023-01-20 Why is lettuce getting more expensive?