- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Anders Ludvigson, Svensson:
"Stable food production is becoming increasingly important"
In 1999, the then Director of the Dutch subsidiary Cees den Boer invited him to come to Hellevoetsluis and take charge. Since 1985 this had been the site of the central warehouse for the Netherlands and later on for the rest of Europe. “Up till that point in time I was working for the Swedish company Intentia. I was supplying ERP systems [Enterprise Resource Planning - ed.]. My father Ivan didn’t put any pressure on me to start working for the family business. It was something I did entirely of my own free will. It was my time. That's the strength of a family business like ours. The family members who choose to work there do so off their own back and not because that's what mum or dad want. An external supervisory board subjects us to scrutiny to see whether we are the right people for positions within the company. Otherwise it’s game over. It’s about getting the business to progress, to enable the next generation to enjoy the prospect of working here if they wish.”
Read more at the Svensson website.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 Investigating the right plant spectrum on Chinese medicinal crops
- 2023-01-27 NL: Future Crops goes bankrupt
- 2023-01-27 Cascades launches new eco-friendly packaging for fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2023-01-27 Italian vegetable harvesters are partnering with the Netherlands
- 2023-01-27 Growy acquires assets and team of Kalera International (&ever)
- 2023-01-27 Avedon joins Kind Technologies’ growth journey within the horticulture greenhouse market
- 2023-01-27 Farm Credit Canada is the lead investor in the Global Pioneer Fund
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 CAN: Land Betterment acquires 50% ownership in greenhouse operations
- 2023-01-27 Israeli startup growing ready-to-eat duckweed-based green for daily intake
- 2023-01-27 Village Farms raises $25 million
- 2023-01-26 Bakker Belgium introduces first e-truck in Belgium
- 2023-01-26 Dutch greenhouses make place for houses
- 2023-01-26 Eureka Sunrise wins superior taste award for BerryWorld
- 2023-01-26 Paper bag for naturally moist soil
- 2023-01-26 Japanese plant-based ingredients startup gets investments
- 2023-01-26 New Finnish website launched to link global fresh produce buyers
- 2023-01-26 Church collaborates with Muslim Aid to build 2,720 greenhouses in Bosnia
- 2023-01-26 Kevin van Berlo to Mexico for BVB and love
- 2023-01-26 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"