- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
September 24, Durham
"UNH's "Farm to you" hosts Harvest Day"
Sponsored by the students enrolled in the Food Production Field Experience class, also known as Farm to You NH, the Harvest Day runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Fairchild Dairy Teaching and Research Center, a facility of the NH Agricultural Experiment Station. Programs will take place at the dairy’s high tunnels and conference room.
There will be several activities taking place as well as guided tours of both high tunnel operations and field work. Faculty members will present brief oral presentations on their summer’s research, and a poster session will highlight the work of graduate and undergraduate students.
Seacoast area business and nonprofits are welcome to set up a table to promote their sustainable agriculture enterprises. Interested groups should contact Andrew Ogden, lecturer in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems, at email@example.com for more information.
Part of the Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems program, the year-long Food Production Field Experience course provides students with hands-on experience in growing food and managing a small farm business. Students grow fresh vegetables and some fruits for the UNH Dairy Bar. Students learn about all aspects of sustainable agriculture production, including propagation, crop establishment, irrigation, crop management, soil considerations, pest and disease practices, crop harvesting and maturity, post-harvest considerations, marketing, special event planning and execution, record keeping, and small farm business management.
The Fairchild Dairy Center is located at 36 O’Kane Road off Mast Road Extension in Durham. It is open to the public seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visitors can observe the milking of cows at 3:30 p.m. each day.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 Webinar: India’s vegetables can be wealth generators
- 2022-05-19 Horticulture exhibition fair took place in west Ukraine
- 2022-05-17 Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- 2022-05-13 Protected Cropping Australia Conference a success despite heavy rains
- 2022-05-13 US: Horticulture lighting and learning event
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-12 Hort Science Live to return in July
- 2022-05-12 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 The fruit and vegetable sector restarts with in-person meetings
- 2022-05-10 Macfrut 2022: opinions and reflections expressed by some of the participants
- 2022-05-09 International events bring the Plant Empowerment principles to growers around the world
- 2022-05-05 Caspian Agro and InterFood Azerbaijan open their doors on May 18
- 2022-05-05 University of Florida 2022 Greenhouse Training Online courses
- 2022-05-05 "The Future of Farming and Food Processing – AI in Food- and Farm Automation"
- 2022-05-03 AMHPAC will hold its XIV annual convention
- 2022-05-02 Picture time: Technical suppliers find their way to GreenTech Americas
- 2022-05-02 Canadian Greenhouse Conference returns as in-person event
- 2022-05-02 IFPA Fresh Field Catalyst names winners
- 2022-05-02 Highlight NL horticulture in Horti Asia 2022 at Bangkok