- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coating with a helicopter
- Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- Vapor Pressure Deficit calculator app for indoor cultivation and greenhouses
- Fury at polyhouses installed without planning permission near Stafford
- US: Hydroponic farm signs partnership to deliver fresh lettuce year-round
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Nutrition app for consumers helps scientists gain new knowledge
The app demonstrates how often people eat a certain product or category of product, such as how often they eat vegetables throughout the week, and the motives behind why people eat what they eat. It also shows at what times the user of the app eats during the day, as well as which products are consumed together and in what proportions these products are consumed. The app also charts differences between demographic groups and between regions or cities.
Consumers are increasingly looking for information on their diet and the impact of their choices. Once to twice a day, FoodProfiler sends a reminder to users to fill in information on what they have eaten in the past two hours. After around two weeks, users will have completed their profile and be able to see what type of eater they are as well as the areas they should pay attention to. Alongside this, the data from this app provides valuable information for scientists and policymakers, as they can use the data to optimise health and sustainability in society. Data is collected anonymously.
FoodProfiler offers governments and the business community the opportunity to better coordinate policy and product development according to the needs and behaviour of consumers, thereby increasing the success of strategies aimed at encouraging health and sustainability. The near-time registration over the past two hours, the long-term measurements and the large groups of consumers provide an abundance of reliable information on diet and eating patterns.
This information is crucial for researchers, as they currently do not have any large-scale, up-to-date and reliable data on consumption that can be linked to consumers' psychological characteristics. FoodProfiler means that data can be gathered in an international context and used to perform research into consumer behaviour in relation to food consumption patterns.
Source: Wageningen UR
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 Moisture control technology launches to extend shelf life of produce
- 2022-05-20 Mondipal introduces a new soft fruit crate
- 2022-05-19 Hebei Lantan: Our planters are good in drainage
- 2022-05-09 “TempU08 Disposable USB temperature data logger with LCD Screen is better at recording temperature changes during transport”
- 2022-05-06 Mom-approved snack boards for Mother’s Day
- 2022-05-04 Gideon launches Trey, the autonomous forklift for trailer loading and unloading
- 2022-05-03 Aurora: Our new circular array zigzag plant growth lamp improves energy efficiency by 25%
- 2022-04-28 Breaking down walls to introduce farming into existing buildings
- 2022-04-26 France: Innovations at Savéol
- 2022-04-19 Syngenta presents new colorful set of peppers
- 2022-04-19 Australia: Spinach recall issued over salmonella fears
- 2022-04-08 Amela wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- 2022-03-24 GrowArt: The market space for planting towers needs to be improved
- 2022-03-21 "We have introduced the Frigga 4G range of Real Time Data Loggers"
- 2022-03-14 Vertical Farms in containers - economic sustainability to be assessed before everything
- 2022-03-09 Malling Fruits reports big interest in everbearer strawberry
- 2022-03-04 What is the future of the Metaverse for indoor agriculture?
- 2022-02-24 “We present the TempU8B single-use USB temperature humidity data logger with higher accuracy"
- 2022-02-24 History of biological pollination in UK tomato crops
- 2022-02-22 New finance option allows growers to receive 96% of shipment’s value in 24 hours