- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
October 5 & 6, 2016, Niagara Falls, Canada
Pest management and sanitation topics at Canadian Greenhouse Conference
Pest management is perhaps the most frustrating problem for growers as the game keeps changing. New pests appear, old ones evolve and develop resistance while customers and retailers make demands in regard to environmental sensitivity. Staying current on all things IPM is critical. Sessions on both Wednesday and Thursday deal with different facets of pest management including strategies to extend the effectiveness of insecticides and the economics of biocontrol. OMAFRA specialist, Sarah Jandricic updates the Mealybug situation and Rose Buitenhuis from Vineland Research & Innovation Centre discusses controlling whitefly at the beginning of the production cycle.
Rose Buitenhuis from Vineland Research & Innovation Centre discusses controlling whitefly at the beginning of the production cycle. (PHOTO: VINELAND RESEARCH @ TWITTER)
Good sanitation practices are the key to preventing disease inside your greenhouse but can be time-consuming. Warren Copes, USDA ARS, will help you determine where to put your efforts in both tasks and training. Learn how two well-established operations have made bio-security and greenhouse hygiene a priority. Steve Vanderkooy from Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd. and Lloyd Traven from Peace Tree Farm in Pennsylvania will share their challenges and successes.
Grow your business and your network; time invested at the conference pays dividends throughout the year. Register in advance to take advantage of discount pricing. Complete conference information is available at www.CanadianGreenhouseConference.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 CEA Alliance hosts first Washington, DC fly-in
- 2023-01-27 Dutch ambitions to make the international fresh food chain more sustainable
- 2023-01-27 IPM comes to an end
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): CDFA offers mental health resources web page for farmers and farmworkers
- 2023-01-25 Sneak peek: what's happening at IPM Essen?
- 2023-01-24 Spain: Addressing new market demands at the Winter Open Field Days 2023 in Cartagena
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 International business meetings with buyers of large-scale retailers – Bergamo, Italy
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 Photo report: Sival 2023
- 2023-01-20 Sival comes to an end
- 2023-01-18 Rijk Zwaan’s Winter Leafy Hydroponics Demo is coming up
- 2023-01-17 Registrations open for North American Strawberry Symposium
- 2023-01-16 All things about multispectral imaging
- 2023-01-16 "Year-round strawberry cultivation: challenging, but not impossible"
- 2023-01-13 6th edition of AquaFarm announced
- 2023-01-13 ‘What can I do to make the growing regime a little bit better?’
- 2023-01-13 USDA accepting applications for Netherlands agribusiness trade mission
- 2023-01-10 New report on findings from propagation tray trial to launch at Landscape Ontario Congress
- 2023-01-10 Upcoming Webinar: “Squeaky Clean Start to 2023”