Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
DLV GreenQ develops platform for wireless cultivation
DLV GreenQ is developing a platform to implement the data from the greenhouse into an online digital dashboard (Crop Monitoring System). This is executed in the context of the EFRO project, partly financed by the European Regional Development Fund of the European Union and the Province of South-Holland. All known and new information streams which are coming from the greenhouse are implemented in the dashboard. The data is extracted from the climate computer, manual registrations, sensors, etc.
Data of the sensors, crop monitoring systems, growth models and energy flows are combined and visualized. In the Control Room this data is transformed into management and cultivation information for the grower and/or consultant.
The information is translated in such a way that the crop can be monitored and optimized from a distance. With this new tool DLV GreenQ is continuing to build distance growing. The Crop Monitoring System is expected to be ready in the beginning of 2016 so it can be validated and tested inside the Improvement Centre. When this proves to be successful this service will be available for growers.
For more information:
Wim van der Ende, Manager SupportDesk
+31(0)6 – 10 94 22 25
David Herlaar, Manager ICT
+31(0)6 – 20 13 12 09
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?
- 2022-07-06 Growing cucumbers vertically brings future for Finnish growers nearby
- 2022-07-05 Working towards an autonomous greenhouse in the AGROS project
- 2022-07-04 Peruvian designers create an intelligent robotic arm to control the quality and growth of seedlings for the agro-industry
- 2022-07-01 Beijing builds a test application scenario for cherry tomato harvest robots
- 2022-06-30 Ecobloom's technology aims to make indoor farming smarter