Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
January 19, 2016, Warwickshire
UK: Advantages of light manipulation subject of grower event
The ‘Manipulating light for horticulture’ event on Tuesday 19 January, is designed to update growers and technical representatives on developments emerging from projects funded by AHDB as well as developments in the international lighting arena.
Access to light, which is fundamental to the production of all crops, has until recent years meant that growers can only rely on what is available. This has been either light received from the sun, or when this is insufficient, such as in the winter, then from lights manufactured for other uses and adapted for plants. ‘Manipulating Light for horticulture’ taking place at the Avon Lounges, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, will highlight how new technology has helped improve access and use of light, including coatings and claddings for structures that alter spectral composition, as well as new lighting such as LEDs.
All delegates will receive a pack of guides developed for growers covering equipment, new learnings and the application of LED technology. Growers in attendance will be the first to receive these guides. This event is free to AHDB Horticulture levy payers and Associates. To register, click here.
An open invitation goes out to suppliers and companies of products related to ‘light technology’ to attend and take a trade stand with a chance to meet and network with interested grower delegates. Trade stands are priced at £300.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022
- 2022-07-15 Getting ready for Cultivate'22: what not to miss?