- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Canadian sign contacts with companies from Dutch Westland area:
First tenders signed for Serres Toundra project in Quebec
Toast on succesfull negotiation with KUBO en Stolze. From left to right: Pieter van Velden (AAB), Theo Stolze (director Stolze), Caroline Fradet (Serres Toundra), Eric Dubé (Serres Toundra), Wouter Kuiper (director KUBO), Carel Zwinkels (AAB).
During this trade mission AAB and Serres Toundra signed a contract in the presence of his Majesty King Willem-Alexander and her Majesty Queen Máxima for the execution of a call for tenders for the first phase of a greenhouse complex of approx. 40 hectares in Saint Félicien, near Quebec. The tenders will cover an amount of 100 million CA dollars, of which the vast majority will be tendered to companies in the Greenport Westland-Oostland region.
After having signed this declaration, AAB and Serres Toundra have taken concrete steps.
Dinner with Westland mayor Sjaak van der Tak: From left to right: Mayor Gilles Potvin (Saint Félicien), Isabelle Fradet, Caroline Fradet (Serres Toundra), Mayor Van der Tak (Westland), Eric Dubé (Serres Toundra), Richard Garneau (Resolute Forest Products).
Of the promised 100 million CA dollars, the first 25 million CA dollars have been allocated to companies in the Westland region. AAB, consultants specialized in the horticultural industry with advisors, engineers and brokers, will provide construction management of the complete project and employment and management consultancy to Serres Toundra.
KUBO Tuinbouwprojecten, T. Stolze Installatietechniek, Priva, WPK Van der Lugt and Hortimat will be involved in the first phase of this project. Negotiations with DLVplant and Demokwekerij Westland are in the final phase.
The greenhouse complex will be realized in 4 phases and is expected to be finalized in 2019.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-07 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-07 Dutch nursery Globe Plant employs new greenhouse
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source
- 2022-12-07 Partnership supports UAE’s national food security strategy to adopt advanced agricultural methods
- 2022-12-07 "Food waste and safety are huge challenges"
- 2022-12-07 Dutch coop commits to science-based climate goals
- 2022-12-07 Greenhouse grower helps provide healthy meals at food bank
- 2022-12-07 Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky