Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Rijk Zwaan acquires 25 hectares to expand breeding activities
The piece of land is located at the agrifood cluster Nieuw Prinsenland, where greenhouse tomato growers Red Star and Jan van Marrewijk settled a couple of years ago. Eggplant grower Van Duijn is also growing at Nieuw Prinsenland.
Rijk Zwaan bought a 25 hectare plot in Dinteloord in order to expand the breeding operations and seed productions for their vegetable crops. The company currently has its headquarters in De Lier. In Fijnaart, 10 kilometers from Dinterloord, Rijk Zwaan has its breeding and trial station for their open field crops.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-20 Satara duo’s tomato diary provides farmers a step-by-step guide to grow quality produce
- 2022-07-15 China to build international agricultural breeding center in Hainan
- 2022-07-15 Excessive-protein, edible crop selection developed that ‘thrives’ on fallow land
- 2022-07-08 The world's tiniest tomato: difficult to grow, but consumers love it
- 2022-07-07 Tomato Rosamunda on shelves in shops all over Poland
- 2022-06-28 Cornell University once created purple strawberries
- 2022-06-27 "In China, the pink beef tomato is very popular"
- 2022-06-23 New greenhouse lighting helps researchers’ urgent need for speed
- 2022-06-16 Rijk Zwaan lettuce varieties have resistance against newest Fusarium race
- 2022-06-16 $12.1 million announced for agriculture genomics projects in Alberta
- 2022-06-15 US: New source for locating seed suppliers
- 2022-06-13 New approach to raspberry breeding in Italy
- 2022-06-09 National coordinators meet in Sweden to discuss plant genetic resources
- 2022-06-08 New greenhouse Enza Zaden Tanzania by Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-06-06 Lettuce is a staple of the American diet
- 2022-06-06 Sustainable aquaponics farm on Kauai
- 2022-05-25 Driscoll's newest innovation now in the grocery aisle
- 2022-05-25 What happens when plants have stress reactions to touch
- 2022-05-24 Gene-edited tomatoes boosting vitamine D could soon be sold in England
- 2022-05-24 US: Scientists turn tomatoes into a rich source of vitamin D