- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- Stackable planters designed for aeroponic and hydroponic crops
- Heating mats to maximize plant nursery yields
- Illegally connected greenhouse in Romitan cost the district 437 million
- Ocean-going vessels to capture CO2 for greenhouses
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Italian screen manufacturer Aduno:
Thermal screens to ally against deforestation of Amazon
"As an industrial production company, we have inevitable repercussions on the environment, we feel it is our responsibility to do our best to counter and overcome the resulting pollution. At Aduno, the guiding emotion is gratitude towards the earth: we have a duty to repay its generosity and preserve its original condition as much as possible. Therefore, we decided to support an association that is working hard to achieve this," says Pircher.
"The Amazon is known to be the green lungs of the world, but deforestation is threatening this region," says Pircher. For this reason, they decided to contribute to an association called Amazônia Onlus, which for over 15 years supports the Project Xixuaú that fights against deforestation, but also provides education, health and sustainable development for the indigenous communities of the Amazon forest.
The children of the tribe Caboclos, who live in the Amazon region, are among the beneficiaries of many initiatives of the association, because they are the future of the local population and because they are also the most exposed to poverty and lack of basic necessities such as drinking water, health care and educational facilities.
Over 2015 resources have been concentrated mainly on medical expeditions to visit families at home even in small villages, facilitate access to drinking water supplies and also organizing a water supply, educational visits and an English course for the children.
Every bit helps
On September 10, 2015, Aduno made a unique contribution to the association. In the future, they are planning to contribute on a regular basis. "The idea is linking the contribution to the sales or to finance a specific project," says Pircher. "We know we are grains of sand in an endless ocean, but we want to move at least that little speck, because the air of the Amazon is also ours," she concluded.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-18 Agro-industry: giant greenhouse with artificial intelligence
- 2022-05-17 Canada: B.C.'s cool, wet spring playing havoc with farmers
- 2022-05-16 US (NJ): Middletown high school north gets $10K grant for its greenhouse
- 2022-05-16 High-density vertical farm will supply enough leafy greens for all of British Columbia come fall
- 2022-05-16 Ireland: Cill Ulta glasshouse redevelopment launce in Falcarragh
- 2022-05-16 Industrial clusters of the entire value chain can better drive the development of China's protected agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Iran: New greenhouse estates to be set up in Gilan province
- 2022-05-12 Smartkas signs MOU to build greenhouses in Brazil
- 2022-05-12 Green Life Farms set to construct fourth farm in Florida
- 2022-05-10 Small tomatoes leverage a big industry in the Baiyin Haisheng Smart Greenhouse Industrial Park
- 2022-05-09 Iran: Area under greenhouse cultivation tripled in Hormozgan in 6 years
- 2022-05-09 Philippines: Legarda’s greenhouse project in San Remigio seen to boost Antique’s counter-insurgency efforts
- 2022-05-06 Family farm gets high tunnels to protect against excess of rain
- 2022-05-06 Indiana-grown: take a look inside Dead Headers Greenhouse
- 2022-05-05 "It took some time to find the ideal plant growing conditions on the Bahamas"
- 2022-05-05 UK: Forres polytunnel plan receives £7724 cash grant
- 2022-05-05 Organized greenhouse zone application is accepted in Nevsehir, Turkey
- 2022-05-04 Taking a look inside a Dutch thermal berry greenhouse
- 2022-05-03 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
- 2022-05-02 China: First phase of new horticultural tomato greenhouse Henan completed in July