Students at Sanford Junior High School are trying their hands at journalism this academic year and are submitting monthly reports to the Sanford News about various events and happenings at their school. Their latest report features a piece about the school's new greenhouse, in which one of the students looks forward to the aquaponics lessons that will start soon:
"The construction of the junior high's new greenhouse started in mid October and should be done around mid December.
"The greenhouse had to be rebuilt because last winter it collapsed from all the snow. The Sanford High students from Mr. Hathaway's morning Building Trades class and Mr. Fecteau's morning Residential Wiring class are both helping to make the greenhouse.
"The greenhouse is going to cost approximately $8,000 in grant funds for reconstruction, with a little left over.
"We will be starting Aquaponics when we get back from Christmas break. A greenhouse is a building that protects plants that can't live in the cold. We are going to be using the new greenhouse for Aquaponics."
Read the full report here
Top 5 - yesterday
- How growers boost crop yields with greenhouse film EVO AC®
- Thanks to air-conditioned greenhouses, Emirati producers can grow tomatoes during 45 °C summer
- Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- Angela Storm joins Dramm as Western Technical Representative
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- Tomato plants in winter conditions: Propagation tips and tricks
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-17 US (TX): City of Amarillo approves $3.75 million for new tech greenhouse plant
- 2023-03-16 UK: How growing more fruit and veg in cities could reduce the impact of empty supermarket shelves
- 2023-03-16 How will the vertical farming model develop?
- 2023-03-16 Barbados: Harrison College to make money from reopened greenhouse
- 2023-03-15 India: Kashmir director of agriculture inaugurates Hi-tech poly houses in Anantnag, Baramulla
- 2023-03-15 Israeli company is investing US$15+ million in hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2023-03-14 Hydroponic tomatoes seeking more ground in central and southern Italy's large-scale retail sector
- 2023-03-14 New Florida & Colorado grown greenhouse lettuce line launched
- 2023-03-13 Voshol joins GreenV group to serve consolidating market
- 2023-03-13 ReyTec will move 'The Green House' to Barneveld
- 2023-03-13 “This is a facility to showcase our iyris roof technology which blocks heat while letting light in"
- 2023-03-10 Zhanggezhuang cherries are emblematic of China’s rural revitalization
- 2023-03-09 AU: Touring Flavorite tomato glasshouses
- 2023-03-09 US (IN): GoFundMe set up for New Albany business that lost greenhouse in storm
- 2023-03-08 Export ban on tomatoes has been lifted in Türkiye
- 2023-03-08 US (PA): New greenhouse at Harrisburg High School to prepare students for future careers
- 2023-03-08 How Ukrainian greenhouses grow vegetables during the war
- 2023-03-07 CAN: High-tech glass greenhouse to supply the community with organic vegetables
- 2023-03-06 China: Woman's greenhouse business pays dividends
- 2023-03-03 Week-long Snackathon celebrates National Snack Day