Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
US (TX): $500,000 in marijuana found in tomato shipment
CBP officers working at the Pharr International Bridge cargo facility suggested that a shipment of tomatoes be inspected a second time after becoming suspicious of the cargo.
Officers discovered hidden packages that appeared to contain marijuana. All in all, the officers found 499 packages of alleged marijuana weighing about 2,394 pounds, according to a news release.
The marijuana confiscated is estimated to be worth $479,000, officials said.
Read more about this news at the Laredo Morning Times
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-10 NZ: Microgreens business bounces back after Covid
- 2022-08-10 Snacking vegetable market continuing to grow despite global challenges
- 2022-08-09 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-09 Canada again puts import requirements on US romaine lettuce
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-08-08 Hungary: What are the challenges and opportunities today for horti growers?
- 2022-08-08 US: Updates and annual facility certification for the offshore greenhouse certification program
- 2022-07-22 GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW CUCUMBER
- 2022-07-22 The Italian tomato production: an overview
- 2022-07-22 Shortage of certain tomato varieties expected this fall
- 2022-07-22 South African strawberry exports ramp up
- 2022-07-22 Average retail price of tomatoes in India down 39% over last month
- 2022-07-21 Multiple growing regions and freight factor into US cucumber pricing
- 2022-07-21 ‘Tomato industry in Ghana has collapsed’
- 2022-07-21 "The available supply of organic cucumbers does not cover the European demand"
- 2022-07-20 Herb prices skyrocket in Australia
- 2022-07-20 Used pallet demand is booming in the UK
- 2022-07-20 The NHAES 2022 INSPIRED Horticultural Research Report