Ta-De's premier brand and label, El Rey (“Flavor that Reigns”), is getting a new look this week with smaller packs for signature items and color that "pops" on display.
"We'll be introducing our specialty peppers in 8-pound boxes," explains Ta-De's president Robert Bennen, "This is a response to some of our customers’ preference for smaller packs that are eye-catching and display-friendly. It’s also an ideal foodservice pack."
Items packed in the new black and red cartons shipping now primarily to customers in the New York area is focused on the growing pepper category and includes Habaneros, Jalapenos, Serranos, Fresno Chilis, and Shishitos. In addition to the new smaller pepper carton, this distributor is also shipping its popular mini-peppers in 12x1’ boxes.
TOVs and Heirloom tomatoes under the El Rey brand will continue to be shipped in flats.
For more information and photos visit tadeproduce.com.
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-23 “Taking the most out of your shipments is just one simple step away”
- 2023-03-21 "Soaring prices for fresh produce require a reduction in the number of intermediaries"
- 2023-03-21 EarthPad fruit pad approved for recycling
- 2023-03-17 "Given the increased prices, many are switching back from cardboard to returnable crates"
- 2023-03-17 "We help growers, importers, and retailers be distinctive"
- 2023-03-13 New jumbo strawberry brand launched
- 2023-03-09 USDA AMS clarifies varietal labeling requirements of the federal seed act to enhance transparency for growers
- 2023-03-09 Packaging program engages consumers in sustainability efforts
- 2023-02-27 "Paper-based packaging for fresh produce, a colossal mistake"
- 2023-02-17 "Fruit remains intact thanks to new fruit rack"
- 2023-02-16 Cross-continental collaboration beneficial in developing packaging lines
- 2023-02-13 New vacuum cooler system at Kenya airport to aid freshness of produce
- 2023-02-07 An AI solution for supply chain introduced - Coldcha 2.0
- 2023-02-07 "We offer overseas producers a total package access to the European market”
- 2023-02-06 "Camera technology and AI enhance our quality and crop process"
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-10 Retail Sleeve offers plastic-free alternative to pots
- 2022-11-17 Kenya to provide freighters for agri-exports
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 "Elastic and non-elastic yarns with ecologically sustainable materials"