- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Hot sauce could help prevent cancer
“I put it on everything,” says Popovich, who studies the bioactive compounds in plants and is a senior lecturer at Massey University in New Zealand. And so should you, because according to two top pepper experts, hot sauce is healthy.
That’s largely thanks to capsaicin—the active ingredient in peppers—which has shown antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticancer effects in lab studies. A paper published this summer looking at half a million Chinese adults found that those who who ate spicy foods three or more times a week had a 14% reduced risk of death, compared to those who didn’t eat much spicy food.
Read the full article at TIME
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- 2022-06-28 $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- 2022-06-28 Wimbledon strawberries tracked by high-tech sensors
- 2022-06-27 “This unique tomato variety is a diamond in the rough”
- 2022-06-23 The Australian digital harvesting solution's yielding has improved productivity from pre-commercial trials
- 2022-06-23 Canadian greens distributor launches new salad kit line
- 2022-06-21 Light Science Technologies launches all-in-one sensorGROW
- 2022-06-20 Tendernay, a wine infused with broccoli
- 2022-06-20 Canadian greenhouse growers win in local and international competitions
- 2022-06-16 New platform for insight in sustainability risks in fresh produce launched
- 2022-06-15 Protecting your HVAC from moisture, corrosion and geckos
- 2022-06-15 France: Les Crudettes presents a new packaging
- 2022-06-08 Eco-friendly sachets extend life of fruit and veg outside refrigerator
- 2022-06-08 “We’re fast-tracking this tomato variety”
- 2022-06-07 "We've built a truly solid box over the years”
- 2022-06-06 "We want to give tissue culture seedlings a good start"
- 2022-06-02 "Metal tomato truss support brings plastic-free cultivation waste within reach"
- 2022-06-01 "In the first quarter, Mexican berry exports exceeded those of tequila, beer and avocado"
- 2022-05-31 Man eats three Carolina Reaper chilies in 8.7 sec like it's nothing
- 2022-05-30 Berry Gardens launches new snack pot berries with new brand The Berry Collective