Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- The differences between greenhouse growers in US and Canada
- German grower reduces moisture in slabs with Spacer
- Half the labor if tomato grows upside down?
- China: Abundance of crops grow in arid Xinjiang desert
New members: Gebr. Zwinkels, Van Wingerden Tomaten and Kwekerij Dukker
Holland: TOV acreage of Prominent increases by 30.5 hectares
The acreage of Prominent vine tomatoes has increased by 30.5 hectares with the arrival of three new members. From January 1, 2016 there will be a total area of 301.5 hectares of glass. This puts the number of members at 27. The new members are Gebroeders Zwinkels with producion in De Lier and Zevenhuizen, Van Wingerden Tomaten from Poeldijk and Kwekerij Dukker BV from Tinte. Membership at Prominent automatically means a membership with Growers Cooperative DOOR.
From left to right: Vasco Zwinkels, Matthee ovan Wingerden, Aad Dukker, Robert Zwinkels and Ed Zwinkels.
Brothers Ed, Robert and Vasco own Gebroeders Zwinkels. They grow vine and plum tomatoes on 13.7 hectares. Van Wingerden Tomaten is the company of Matthee van Wingerden. He used to grow loose tomatoes but by joining Prominent he will switch to vine tomatoes, growing on three hectares.
Kwekerij Dukker owners are brothers Aad and Ruud Dukker. "We have decided to transfer our about 14 hectares of specialty tomatoes to Prominent because this close-knit group of growers lift each other to a higher level and this helps to secure the future," says Aad Dukker. The Dukker brothers have already been associated with Prominent for some years, with their cocktail tomato production company.
Matthee van Wingerden is switching to Prominent amongst others because: "Prominent is a reputable organization with a strong, innovative and progressive image." Another reason for choosing Prominent: "We are joining a growers club that has collaboration in its genes in terms of production technology, energy and purchase of goods."
The sales and marketing of Prominent vine tomatoes is through DOOR Partners BV, the sales subsidiary of Grower Cooperative DOOR UA. More information about the Prominent growers can be found at www.prominent-tomatoes.nl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-29 "Scandinavian organic greenhouse vegetable growers are switching back to conventional"
- 2023-05-29 France: AlgaEnergy’s agricultural business to be acquired by De Sangosse
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Sydney cafe receives much criticism for AU$10.90 side dish of avocado
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-26 US: Local Bounti appoints Anna Fabrega as CEO
- 2023-05-25 Greenyard to serve 100% pure-plant gelato
- 2023-05-25 Nigerian tech enthusiast invents system to preserve tomatoes
- 2023-05-25 US: Cutting utility costs by 50% while co-generating electricity and hot water
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Shawn W. Semones joins NewLeaf Symbiotics as CTO
- 2023-05-25 US (VA): Babylon Micro-Farms receives investment from Virginia Venture Partners
- 2023-05-24 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-24 "We now generate 80 percent of our sales through greenhouse production"
- 2023-05-24 Italian greenhouse growers launch new premium tomato and expansion plans
- 2023-05-23 Photo report: "Markthallen München represents the food and general interest services that are provided here"
- 2023-05-23 "The export market is increasingly coming into the picture for our strawberries"
- 2023-05-23 Canadian greenhouses report record-breaking harvests
- 2023-05-23 New laboratory to research light spectra in tomato plants
- 2023-05-22 Two of Scotland’s longest established fresh produce organisations join forces to create Pease Bay Farms